Eye Adaption

• Tojkar
More
5 years 10 months ago #21 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Eye Adaption

brussell wrote:

PureEvilWindom wrote: can this effect combined with vignette ? so if you face bright light you simulate human eyes that half closed to reduce light.

Sure. How about that: i.imgur.com/fJsqNji.gifv
I've also tried to mimic some glare-through-eye lids-effect recently: i.imgur.com/ROF4BEW.gifv
If there's more resonance I will add it.

Very nice! Especially the vignette looks great! Could you add them as toggleable additions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PureEvilWindom
More
5 years 10 months ago #22 by PureEvilWindom Replied by PureEvilWindom on topic Eye Adaption

brussell wrote:

PureEvilWindom wrote: can this effect combined with vignette ? so if you face bright light you simulate human eyes that half closed to reduce light.

Sure. How about that: i.imgur.com/fJsqNji.gifv
I've also tried to mimic some glare-through-eye lids-effect recently: i.imgur.com/ROF4BEW.gifv
If there's more resonance I will add it.

Truly amazing thank you so much. Cant wait to try it.

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #23 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Eye Adaption
Finally took the time to overhaul this shader! Notable changes:
-better chroma preservation
-smoother color transition with less banding artifacts
-simpler, easier to understand parameters (all of them changed, so your old settings are not working anymore, sorry)
-dedicated contols for shadows, midtones and highlights for brightening/darkening
-new parameter gives control over which screen area to consider for brightness adaption.
-fixed wrong frametime <-> adaption speed dependence

Example Video (with exagerated settings)

The new version should arrive shortly in the official repository (when crosire accepts the pull request).
Other than that you can find it here: github.com/brussell1/Shaders

Hope you like it.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by brussell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, jas01, Martigen, Qsimil, Tojkar, Ryukou36, Sinclair, Arkane

• Martigen
More
5 years 1 month ago #24 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Eye Adaption
Fantastic! Thanks Brussel, I use this quite a bit :)

• Aelius Maximus
More
5 years 1 month ago #25 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Eye Adaption
Are any other files required along side it?

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #26 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Eye Adaption

Aelius Maximus wrote: Are any other files required along side it?

No.

• jas01
More
5 years 1 month ago #27 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Eye Adaption
Works very well (bringing so much details out). Good to have this shader.

• jas01
More
5 years 1 month ago #28 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Eye Adaption
It is possible for you to port of this shader to MPC-BE? I would be happy to try this in a few poorly filmed movies/ older animations. Firstly I would like to see what my current lut.png is doing to the image of a few older productions, but trying this shader may be fun as well (could be helpful in adding a few more details and possibly a little better look to some movies). Thanks.

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #29 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Eye Adaption
@jas01
After taking a short glance at the included shaders, it seems that MPC only supports single pass shaders with no possibilty to use extra textures. So I'm not able to port this, sorry.

@all:
I've made some changes and bugfixes recently. So please download again until it arrives in the official repo.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by brussell.

• jas01
More
5 years 1 month ago #30 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Eye Adaption
Thank you for giving my suggestion a try anyway. Sadly only older versions of ReShade (before the introduction of dynamic ReShade ui) are working with this player. Are you aware if anything from this list (Windows user here) could work with ReShade 4.2.1?

• kilyan
More
5 years 1 month ago - 4 years 3 months ago #31 by kilyan Replied by kilyan on topic Eye Adaption
My monitor has a dynamic contrast feature that seems to do similary to what this shader does.
if it's active it darkens or lighten the image based on the scenery.
Could be more or less the same?
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by kilyan.

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #32 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Eye Adaption
Beautiful shader =)

Sadly it work's counter intuitive to what i was looking for. Is it possible to "reverse" the effect so that it brightens up on higher luma and darkens on lower luma to emphazise light and dark areas?

I have searched on GitHub for different edit's of this shader but couldn't find this. If it's not possible, could you add a pre-processor option for this?
Maybe even seperate options for lightening and darkening? The adaption work's for me when going from light areas into dark areas. It is just the "Getting blended by the sun" part eye adaption takes away instead of emphazising. Mimicing Auto exposure. Darkening dark areas could be handy too. I have a game that uses global light only and when going into interiors the shadow's don't work at all. Brightening the already light areas up is the opposite of what i try to do.

My idea is to use a combination from MXAO and eye adaption to mimic proper dark areas. Doesn't work out.
Would be awesome!
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Faustus86.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheNeonWhiteOne

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #33 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Eye Adaption
You can achieve this easily by using negative values for brightening/darkening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheNeonWhiteOne

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.