Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending

• ShoterXX
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #21 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
Most, if not all, emulated games are FPS locked to 30 or 60. You need higher-than-refresh-rate frame rate in order to have a meaningful effect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaInferno
More
4 years 11 months ago #22 by DaInferno Replied by DaInferno on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
Alright, well let's say I was able to get a game on Dolphin running at 120 fps. Would the effect be somewhat noticeable then?

• ShoterXX
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #23 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
Not by a whole lot, but yes. If you're only blending a single frame, you can increase Blur Strength to 1.00.

• Rattlemayne
More
4 years 9 months ago #24 by Rattlemayne Replied by Rattlemayne on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
I love this filter! I use it on Morrowind to cull the frames down from 100 to 80, and it has an amazing motion-smoothing effect.

• someone_for
More
4 years 9 months ago #25 by someone_for Replied by someone_for on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
Probably a stupid question but does this prevent tearing with vsync off ?

• ShoterXX
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #26 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending

someone_for wrote: Probably a stupid question but does this prevent tearing with vsync off ?

It doesn't really "prevent", it just makes a lot of frames similar to each other, thus reducing the tearing effect. Unless you have a multiple of your monitor's refresh rate, it shouldn't remove it entirely. But at the very least, it should help make it unnoticeable.

• Woodgate1024
More
4 years 6 months ago #27 by Woodgate1024 Replied by Woodgate1024 on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
Hi
Can you tell me please wich version of wipeout is this one?

• ShoterXX
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #28 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
It's BallisticNG: store.steampowered.com/app/473770/BallisticNG/

It's a classic Wipeout clone. I was also using some Workshop ships, which ported Wip3out's to the game.
Also has native VR support with internal cockpit, if you're interested.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by ShoterXX.

• fr0zie
More
4 years 1 month ago #29 by fr0zie Replied by fr0zie on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
Hey Shoter, there is any way to contact you ? i might hire you for a work

• ShoterXX
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #30 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
I'm not exactly available for paid work right now, but I can try to help with something quick.

The easiest way to contact me is through Discord, since my e-mail is a mess.
ShoterXX#2252

• saha19
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #31 by saha19 Replied by saha19 on topic Experimental: High-Framerate Frame-Blending
how to download?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.