High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

More
5 years 1 week ago #121 by Ioxa

padolamap wrote: thank you very much, you can fix by changing these values, thank you very much for your great work

Glad that worked. Thanks for letting me know. Did it seem like it was mostly the bilateral filter causing it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 hours ago - 5 years 7 hours ago #122 by Echo
Hey loxa,

Have been following Reshade and your awesome ioFX almost from the start, but didn't have any questions or the necessity to ask anything, till the arrival of the New Reshade 2.0 and the absence of your ioFX in it, I had to ask if you're working on an update for Reshade 2.0?

I really hope you do, cause I can't use Reshade 2.0 without your awesome ioFX, (still using Reshade 1.1 and eagerly waiting for your update)

Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 5 years 7 hours ago by Echo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 hours ago #123 by Ioxa

Echo wrote: Hey loxa,

Have been following Reshade and your awesome ioFX almost from the start, but didn't have any questions or the necessity to ask anything, till the arrival of the New Reshade 2.0 and the absence of your ioFX in it, I had to ask if you're working on an update for Reshade 2.0?

I really hope you do, cause I can't use Reshade 2.0 without your awesome ioFX, (still using Reshade 1.1 and eagerly waiting for your update)

Thanks in advance!

Yup, I'm working on porting the shaders to 2.0. I ran into a couple issues but I think I've got them solved, just waiting on clarification on something. Hopefully it won't be more than a day or two.
The following user(s) said Thank You: padolamap, Golgotha, Echo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 hours ago #124 by Echo
Awesome! Do take your time. I am sure that am not the only one who's glad to know that you are working on an update.
Thank you again in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #125 by Ioxa
Updated the shader files for compatibility with ReShade 2.0 and the new ReShade Assistant.
Download Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 2.0

I made some small changes to some of the shaders but nothing major. The Clarity shader probably got the biggest change, I once again changed the options for adjusting the width of the effect. I think the way it is set up now gives the most customization for quality and performance. But I'm open to any ideas that may improve it.

I also uploaded a version of the shaders with an updated Gaussian shader. I'm not entirely sure I will keep it the way it is so consider this a test.
Download Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 2.0 With Gauss

I changed the way the weights and offsets for the blur passes are calculated, this allows for a lot more flexibility when adjusting the blur width.

I added an option called SurfaceBlur which will help reduce halos that may appear around objects. This process used for doing this does not work very well in a separable filter so it causes some artifacts. As long as the blur strength isn't set too high they shouldn't be very noticeable.

I changed the "warm" option is GaussBloomWarmth. I'll never get it to look the way it did in SweetFX so I tried something a little different, I gave it a bit of a yellowish tint with a reddish tint around the edge. I don't know if I'll keep it this way or not, just something I wanted to try out.

I forgot to add a readme to the files but the install should be pretty straight forward. Merge the ReShade folder with your existing ReShade folder and overwrite the files when prompted. This will overwrite Pipeline.cfg, Shaders_by_Ioxa.cfg, Ioxa.undef, and Gaussian.fx if you've downloaded the files with Gauss.

If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions let me know!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, padolamap, SpinelessJelly, amoebae, DeMondo, Golgotha, Qsimil, crubino, Echo, d-_-b

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #126 by crosire
Replied by crosire on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
I suggest you add those to github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #127 by padolamap
Replied by padolamap on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
many but thank you very much to you and extend to all other

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #128 by Ioxa

crosire wrote: I suggest you add those to github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders

Ok, I'll add them. I want to clean them up a little first and see if anyone has any issues with the ones I posted here.

padolamap wrote: many but thank you very much to you and extend to all other

I think I fixed the cause of the problem you were running into with the bilateral filter. Try the shaders with the settings you were using before and let me know if it's still happening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #129 by padolamap
Replied by padolamap on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

Ioxa wrote: Updated the shader files for compatibility with ReShade 2.0 and the new ReShade Assistant.
Download Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 2.0

I made some small changes to some of the shaders but nothing major. The Clarity shader probably got the biggest change, I once again changed the options for adjusting the width of the effect. I think the way it is set up now gives the most customization for quality and performance. But I'm open to any ideas that may improve it.

I also uploaded a version of the shaders with an updated Gaussian shader. I'm not entirely sure I will keep it the way it is so consider this a test.
Download Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 2.0 With Gauss

I changed the way the weights and offsets for the blur passes are calculated, this allows for a lot more flexibility when adjusting the blur width.

I added an option called SurfaceBlur which will help reduce halos that may appear around objects. This process used for doing this does not work very well in a separable filter so it causes some artifacts. As long as the blur strength isn't set too high they shouldn't be very noticeable.

I changed the "warm" option is GaussBloomWarmth. I'll never get it to look the way it did in SweetFX so I tried something a little different, I gave it a bit of a yellowish tint with a reddish tint around the edge. I don't know if I'll keep it this way or not, just something I wanted to try out.

I forgot to add a readme to the files but the install should be pretty straight forward. Merge the ReShade folder with your existing ReShade folder and overwrite the files when prompted. This will overwrite Pipeline.cfg, Shaders_by_Ioxa.cfg, Ioxa.undef, and Gaussian.fx if you've downloaded the files with Gauss.

If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions let me know!


I can not get these to work with the latest version, not if they should do in the reshade something different from the previous.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #130 by Ioxa

padolamap wrote: I can not get these to work with the latest version, not if they should do in the reshade something different from the previous.
Thank you

I just tried them with the newest version and they all worked. Are you getting any error codes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #131 by padolamap
Replied by padolamap on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

Ioxa wrote:

padolamap wrote: I can not get these to work with the latest version, not if they should do in the reshade something different from the previous.
Thank you

I just tried them with the newest version and they all worked. Are you getting any error codes?


I apologize was my mistake, do not change the folder with the file shader nor Ioxa.undef

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #132 by Martigen
Replied by Martigen on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
Can we have an update for the latest framework? Shit has moved all over the place!
<3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #133 by Ioxa

Martigen wrote: Can we have an update for the latest framework? Shit has moved all over the place!
<3

I posted an update here that works with the latest framework. Did you miss the post or are you having problems with the update?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martigen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #134 by Martigen
Replied by Martigen on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
Whoops yes thankyou. I did download an archive but it must been an older one, probably from the first post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #135 by sajittarius
Replied by sajittarius on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
i just downloaded the 2.0 effects, you rock Ioxa :)

Clarity is one of my favorite shaders, i've used it on pretty much any game i play, since you released it the original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #136 by crubino
Replied by crubino on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
Hi Ioxa,
Thanks for your great work....!
I really love "LowDetailCutoff" and "HighDetailCutoff" from BilateralFilter.
With proper adjusment, i think i've got better result than the other shaperning method. Esspecially, when we are using DOF effects. It's really smooth, clean dan creamy look.

GTA V (before apply DOF, BilateralFilter only)


GTA V (after applied DOF and proper Low and high Cut off)


Once again, thanks mate. for your great effort!

Cheers!
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by crubino.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #137 by Wicked Sick
Replied by Wicked Sick on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
Amazing work, Ioxa, simply amazing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #138 by Ioxa

crubino wrote: Hi Ioxa,
Thanks for your great work....!
I really love "LowDetailCutoff" and "HighDetailCutoff" from BilateralFilter.
With proper adjusment, i think i've got better result than the other shaperning method. Esspecially, when we are using DOF effects. It's really smooth, clean dan creamy look.

GTA V (before apply DOF, BilateralFilter only)



GTA V (after applied DOF and proper Low and high Cut off)


Once again, thanks mate. for your great effort!

Cheers!

Glad to hear the shader is working well for you! From the screenshots I'm guessing the road textures are receiving the most sharpening while the highly reflective paint on the cars and the DOF are receiving none? At least thats how I hope it's working.

I've added another option to adjust the range of values in the detail channel that are being curved. Right now the curve is being applied to the entire range, I think -0.5 to 0.5. With the new option the curve can be limited to -0.25 to 0.25 and all the values beyond that are left untouched. It should give even more control over how much of the image is being sharpened.

And thanks for the positive feedback guys! I don't know how it is for the other guys working on shaders but for me it is tedious work and I have a tough time getting motivated. But the positive feedback definitely helps!
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Ioxa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, crubino

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Abby
  • Abby's Avatar
4 years 9 months ago #139 by Abby
Well Loxa i think i am going to use the High Pass Sharpening but plz i still need the best answer for this: reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/2084-...-sharp-effects#15052

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #140 by Ioxa

Abby wrote: Well Loxa i think i am going to use the High Pass Sharpening but plz i still need the best answer for this: reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/2084-...-sharp-effects#15052 Thank you.


I don't think you can really say that one technique is better than the other, they all work a little different. If you aren't getting the results you want, try combining different sharpening effects, you may see different details start to pop out. I'll try to give you a detailed explanation of the different effects based on what I know within the next couple days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abby, Echo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.