FakeDOF

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1 by brussell FakeDOF was created by brussell
Some time ago someone requested some type of circular tilt shift shader and I decided to enhance my personal solution into something more advanced.
FakeDOF replaces the real depth information with a customizable texture. Use it if the depth buffer can't be read, doesn't work properly, or simply for artistic purpose.
Note that FakeDOF itself doesn't blur/apply bokeh, you have to use one of the DOF Shaders for that task.

Example shots with centered focus parameters + MatsoDOF(Doom3):

Installation:
Download FakeDOF.fxh and ReShade.fxh (latter is necessary since FakeDOF needs to replace the GetLinearizedDepth function) from my repository .

Usage:
To enable FakeDOF, set the preprocessor definition "RESHADE_USE_FAKE_DEPTH". After that, parameters should show up in the list of shaders.
Here is a demonstration configuration video (with displaydepth enabled).
For now, you can change the blur curve and focus radius via the three parameters a, b, c.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by brussell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Yum 72, jas01, Aelius Maximus, Qsimil, XIIICaesar, WalterDasTrevas, Viper_Joe, aaronth07, AssassinsDecree, Essovius and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• XIIICaesar
More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic FakeDOF
What ReShade settings are you using dude? Looks great.

• AssassinsDecree
More
4 years 5 months ago #3 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic FakeDOF
Umm, f**k yes! Thanks so much!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.