New shader: Directional Depth Blur

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #1 by OtisInf
New shader: Directional Depth Blur was created by OtisInf
I made a new shader: directional depth blur, which is a simple directional blur shader based on depth information of a pixel. You can create shots like the ones below with it. It has two modes: parallel lines (like the shots below) and with a focus point where all lines disappear into. Enjoy!

Shader is located in my OtisFX repository: github.com/FransBouma/OtisFX/blob/master...ectionalDepthBlur.fx
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by OtisInf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim, piltrafus, Exilium, Duran.te, originalnicodr, prod80, YF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #2 by foteck
Replied by foteck on topic New shader: Directional Depth Blur
I love this idea however I dont know what I am doing wrong in Star Citizen but the blur is in the character and not the background. Any ideas? Thansk!

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #3 by OtisInf
Replied by OtisInf on topic New shader: Directional Depth Blur
It has a setting where you can move the focus plane further away (Focus Plane). And you have to make sure you don't have a reversed depth buffer otherwise you have to set the global reverse depth setting in reshade to a different value (if it's 1, set it to 0, if it's 0 set it to 1). (Click the button above all shader settings to change the globals)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exilium, foteck