New shader: Directional Depth Blur

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #1 by OtisInf New shader: Directional Depth Blur was created by OtisInf
I made a new shader: directional depth blur, which is a simple directional blur shader based on depth information of a pixel. You can create shots like the ones below with it. It has two modes: parallel lines (like the shots below) and with a focus point where all lines disappear into. Enjoy!

Shader is located in my OtisFX repository: github.com/FransBouma/OtisFX/blob/master...ectionalDepthBlur.fx
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by OtisInf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim, piltrafus, Exilium, Duran.te, originalnicodr, prod80, YF, chaoscore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foteck
More
3 years 11 months ago #2 by foteck Replied by foteck on topic New shader: Directional Depth Blur
I love this idea however I dont know what I am doing wrong in Star Citizen but the blur is in the character and not the background. Any ideas? Thansk!

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #3 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic New shader: Directional Depth Blur
It has a setting where you can move the focus plane further away (Focus Plane). And you have to make sure you don't have a reversed depth buffer otherwise you have to set the global reverse depth setting in reshade to a different value (if it's 1, set it to 0, if it's 0 set it to 1). (Click the button above all shader settings to change the globals)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exilium, foteck

• aen313
More
3 years 1 month ago #4 by aen313 Replied by aen313 on topic New shader: Directional Depth Blur
добрый вечер . сделай пожалуйста шейдер анимацию тумана или дыма с буфером глубины , как вы делали adaptiv fog только анимация дыма или тумана двигалась как настоящая 

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.