AgX - Display Rendering Transform

• Liam C.
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #1 by Liam C. AgX - Display Rendering Transform was created by Liam C.
Hello there,

I am happy to introduce you a new shader for ReShade: AgX.
AgX is not of my invention, it's a Display Rendering Transform created by Troy Sobotka, initially written for OpenColorIO and Python and I ported it to hlsl so you can use it in ReShade. (and for the 3d people out here, we can consider it as the successor of the "Filmic" named one in Blender, also from Troy.)

Get it here : github.com/MrLixm/AgXc/tree/main/hlsl !

What

The topic here is color-management, AgX being a DRT to improve rendition of imagery.
You may not be familiar with the word " Display Rendering Transform " so here is a simple explanation : the DRT will handle the conversion of "open domain" / "scene-referred" / "high dynamic range" data to a target display that we can consider as "closed domain" / "display-referred" / "lower dynamic range".
To give you equivalent from what you may already familiar with, it is a direct alternative to ACES and could be compared to a "tonemapper".

I am not the author of it so I will not give much more details but AgX try to render imagery closer at how chemical film process does it. As such you might observe pleasing highlights roll-of with "smooth" color rendition under AgX.

Limitations

As mentioned in the repository README.md, AgX is not at its full capacity with ReShade, as we have only access to the display intended game data, that is already clamped / have internal tonemapping / ...

So it might not behave as well everywhere, at the end it's only one more tool for you to improve your game experience to your taste.

----

For all other details please read the README.md of the repo that will be kept updated and improved.

Some images
More comparisons images in the repository. Agx :
[img

Native rendering :
[img

Let me know what you think of it ! You can open new issues on the GitHub repository, or directly a Pull Request if you have some suggestions.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Covid19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Neurolepticer
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #2 by Neurolepticer Replied by Neurolepticer on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
I love this shader, good work. :D
I tested it with Far Cry and RTGI.

RESHADE OFF
[img

RESHADE ON
[img

More Highlights Gain And Less Saturation

RESHADE OFF
[img
RESHADE ON
[img
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Neurolepticer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpajdrEX

• Covid19
More
1 year 4 months ago #3 by Covid19 Replied by Covid19 on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
This shader made my sdr display looks like an LG C1 OLED tv finding true settings and combining with other proper shaders almost in everygame. you should keep this shader updating. i call this shader as "OLED" shader

• Crystrex
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #4 by Crystrex Replied by Crystrex on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform

Thanks a lot!

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Crystrex.

• Neurolepticer
More
10 months 1 week ago #5 by Neurolepticer Replied by Neurolepticer on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
The Agx shader no longer works with the latest Reshade version. Would be nice if you could fix this.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tojkar

• llennoco
More
10 months 6 days ago #6 by llennoco Replied by llennoco on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
You just need to reomve the part that sets the format twice. Open AgX.fx with notepad and change line 153 to:

" sampler LUTSampler {Texture = LUTTex};"

Hope this helps.

• Neurolepticer
More
10 months 4 days ago #7 by Neurolepticer Replied by Neurolepticer on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
Thank You!! :)

• emiliatheworst
More
10 months 4 days ago - 10 months 4 days ago #8 by emiliatheworst Replied by emiliatheworst on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
hi! im sorry for bothering, but on final fantasy 14, this still doesnt fix it :( 

Last edit: 10 months 4 days ago by emiliatheworst.

• Neurolepticer
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #9 by Neurolepticer Replied by Neurolepticer on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
Please, please, please, with lots of cream and sugar on top. Fix the AgX shader,
I feel so naked without it. I use it on every preset I make by now. 

• Voltar
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #10 by Voltar Replied by Voltar on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
After some tests I've found working solution, correct line 153 looks like:
sampler LUTSampler { Texture = LUTTex; };

So just open AgX.fx with Notepad or similar editor, find the line 153:
sampler LUTSampler { Texture = LUTTex; Format = RGBA8; };
and change it to
LUTSampler { Texture = LUTTex; };
save edits and thats all ;)

P.S. llennoco was right with solution but forgot one ";" before "}"

• Liam C.
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #11 by Liam C. Replied by Liam C. on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
Hello y'all, thanks for reporting it broke. I did not use ReShade for quite some time so I did not notice it.
I will try to work on an official fix (but thanks for already providing one !) and push a new release on the GitHub repo.

By the way, for the next time please report any issue on the GitHub repo as I will immediately be able to answer and react. I barely check this forum.
github.com/MrLixm/AgXc/issues
Thanks !

• Liam C.
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #12 by Liam C. Replied by Liam C. on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
Fix posted in update 0.5.3:
github.com/MrLixm/AgXc/releases/tag/v0.5.3
Thanks for reporting. The suggested fix was indeed the right one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Covid19

• Neurolepticer
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #13 by Neurolepticer Replied by Neurolepticer on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
You are my Hero!! THX :)

• Covid19
More
7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #14 by Covid19 Replied by Covid19 on topic AgX - Display Rendering Transform
Liam C. post=46273 userid=21585
Fix posted in update 0.5.3:
github.com/MrLixm/AgXc/releases/tag/v0.5.3
Thanks for reporting. The suggested fix was indeed the right one.

I've been using reshade 5.8.0, now i can update to 5.9.2 again.
Thank You 
Last edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Covid19.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.