Yet another screen space global illumination (YASSGI)

• Pentalimbed
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 4 weeks ago #1 by Pentalimbed Yet another screen space global illumination (YASSGI) was created by Pentalimbed
Hello community! I am learning to write shaders and this is my first shader ever (so expect bugs) stitched together from various sources. It is yet another ssgi/raytrace/indirect lighting/yadayada shader, among many others like RadiantGI, MXAO, Glamarye's Fast Effect, and of course the big one -- dh_rtgi, which inspired me to write this and I owe it that blue noise texture. i've polished it to the point where my own gameplay with it is half-decent, not perfect because of course I am not that good, and decide to share it here.

(Link removed currently because of licensing issue)
(Will update in reply if things turned out well)

Some pics for comparison, taken in Garry's Mod (OFF/ON):

Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler!

Notice:
  1. I only tested my shader with Garry's Mod (DX9) and Skyrim (DX11), and mosty with gmod. Thus OpenGL and Vulkan are not garuanteed to work;
  2. Still a bit visible light flickering/wobbling when moving;
  3. Fireflies on minute faces and edges;
  4. The global YASSGI_TECHNIQUE currently has no use. It is for a GTAO inspired bitmask GI algorithm I've yet to integrate. (It is already written in the file YASSGI_old_bitmask, just not merged with the main shader.)
  5. The performance is quite varied. Indoors scenes see the most fps drop so stress test it in a room or something.
  6. Non-sRGB color buffer are yet to be supported.
  7. Actually, I find out that I didn't use that blue noise texture.

Critiques and suggestions are welcomed, as I am attempting to improve it further.
Last edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by Pentalimbed. Reason: licensing issue
The following user(s) said Thank You: YF, aVX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aVX
More
1 year 1 month ago #2 by aVX Replied by aVX on topic Yet another screen space global illumination (YASSGI)
Thank you for making this! Please keep it updated!

In my experience, this is the second-best RTGI available for ReShade and the best RTGI for ReShade that is fully open source. This is a very(!) impressive result for such a new(!) RTGI! :)

I tried every single RTGI I could find, and this is my experience. Well done!!

• Pentalimbed
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #3 by Pentalimbed Replied by Pentalimbed on topic Yet another screen space global illumination (YASSGI)
The link's back on

The thing's been rewritten so expect difference from my previous screenshots.

The shaders folder includes a Skyrim version of the shader which is of no use now (even if you play Skyrim). It is safe to delete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacTir

• mcabel
More
9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #4 by mcabel Replied by mcabel on topic Yet another screen space global illumination (YASSGI)
Hi, how I add "motion vector optical" shader?

I don't understand this sufficiently to interpret google results ...

Could you give an example of such shader? Do I have to load such shader before?after? Default setting will work? Thanks!
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by mcabel. Reason: Typo

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.