XBRZ Shader for 2D

• paxton676
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by paxton676 XBRZ Shader for 2D was created by paxton676
It would be nice if we could get a good 2D shader for Reshade.

This is the best one that i know of and it supports 64bit and multithreading. sourceforge.net/projects/xbrz/files/xBRZ/

If there is already a way to get it working with Reshade than please share how. :)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by paxton676.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcabel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AgentSam
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by AgentSam Replied by AgentSam on topic XBRZ Shader for 2D
xBRZ is not GPU shader code. It's a scaler function and various utility functions implemented in C++.

There have been requests for a .fx (HLSL) port since 2012 on the DOSBox vogons forums, but no one has created one. Sure, it's possible to convert it to a shader - but not without some significant rewriting.

In any case, I agree that the xBRZ scaler output looks pretty good at upscaling resolution while preserving minor pixel details.

See also:
- www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=34125
- sourceforge.net/projects/xbrz/
- github.com/libretro/common-shaders/
The following user(s) said Thank You: acknowledge

• Sh1nRa358
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #3 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic XBRZ Shader for 2D
Scalefx x9 is shader code and is the equivalent visually of 6xbrz. But i dunno if reshade supports multipass or not.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Sh1nRa358.

• acknowledge
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic XBRZ Shader for 2D

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.