Color change

• padolamap
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by padolamap Color change was created by padolamap
I wanted to check that there is possibility of taking certain colors and modify them by others, for example, in the game that most interests me most are the mountains in shades of gray when in reality are more shades of brown to gray, even green also they are in a different tone to reality, the ideal would be to modify two or three spot colors, if they are better. That only certain colors change, because if we highlight some color adjustments have not only alters the other colors but we also modifies whites.
Thank you very much in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Color change
Have you tried 3d lut yet?

• padolamap
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color change
No, I do not speak English and I can hardly understand how it is done if someone could be explained in Spanish

• Kleio420
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Color change

padolamap wrote: No, I do not speak English and I can hardly understand how it is done if someone could be explained in Spanish

he's saying 3d LUT(color look up table) if done right in photoshop you can enable color changes to your liking without having to have a over complicated shader to do it, mixed with proper tonemapping it will look correct.

que está diciendo 3D LUT (color tabla de consulta ) si se hace bien en photoshop puede habilitar los cambios de color a su gusto sin tener que tener a sobre shader complicado hacerlo , mezclado con tonemapping adecuado que se verá correcto.

• v00d00m4n
More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic Color change
you cant turn shade of grey into something colorful.

You have to use shader dumpers and reinjector and modify native game shaders (usually in asm, mind you!), actually this is how i usually fix colors in games - i use helixmod to dump shaders. looking for one that ruins colors, then messing with shader assembly and trying to figure out how to remove color grading without ruining other effects. Its good when disassembly still keeps some variable names that may suggest where you have to start looking, but there are cases where its pure asm with no tips and you have to do guess work.

Recently i useed such method to remove tons of crappy effects from Life is Strange, Deadly Premonition, Dead Rising 2, Dreamfall Chapters (but in case of unity i found easier solution hex editing assets files and corrupting names of effects references, to force unity skip them).

I suggested once this method to some Watch Dog fan on 3d guru who asked how can he remove hack effects with white lines everywhere, worked well for him, may work well for you ;-)

But yet again - you cant do this with reshade, it only adds a layer of post process shaders above what game does, you need helixmod to edit game own shaders/

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.