Its possible to add support to CMAA?(Intel)

• andrew
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1 by andrew Its possible to add support to CMAA?(Intel) was created by andrew
Was looking for anti-aliasing techniques, and found that,one called CMAA, the the quality is close to MSAA 4x with the perfomance lower of MSAA 2x, I even downloaded Intel's source code, there was a file called CMAA.h, similar to Reshade files, , but i dont know much about programming, but it seems to be easy to include this effect in Reshade.

software.intel.com/en-us/articles/conser...l-anti-aliasing-cmaa

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by andrew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• v00d00m4n
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic Its possible to add support to CMAA?(Intel)
There is updated version, would be nice if someone will port it to reshade
software.intel.com/en-us/articles/conser...aliasing-cmaa-update

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #3 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Its possible to add support to CMAA?(Intel)
Judging from the file, it need RWtexture2d for UAV (unordered access view) mapping in pixel shader and currently it is not provided in reshade.

There might be some workaround with multiple render target, but such adaption will require some deeper look.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by kingeric1992.

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Its possible to add support to CMAA?(Intel)
Up (for ReShade 3.0)!

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #5 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Its possible to add support to CMAA?(Intel)
github.com/justinow/CMAA_Reshade_3 found this, but im getting errors!

error X3548: in ps_3_0 uints can only be used with known-positive values, use int if possible
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by NoMansReshade.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #6 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Its possible to add support to CMAA?(Intel)
Whoever ported this is a tiny bit crazy:
// avoid doing pow and look up an array of 1024 values instead.
return LstarLookup(colour);

So to spare one simple ASM instruction that maybe costs a single nanosecond or whatever - he goes ahead and sets up an insanely large array of data. This won't work in DX9 at all and the amount of constant registers used are larger than anything I've seen before.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Marty McFly.

• crosire
More
7 years 1 week ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Its possible to add support to CMAA?(Intel)
Well, on the CPU that would likely be a lot faster. But as you said, on GPUs not, they are architectured very differently. It's a common mistake that developers new to GPU programming simply apply their CPU knowledge in the same way.

• Sunesha
More
6 years 11 months ago #8 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Its possible to add support to CMAA?(Intel)
I tested this CMAA shader. Though I got it in the Lstar curve mode so it changed brightness overall. I had hard time judge it but overall still prefer the stock SMAA that is in the stock shader pack. I mostly had hope that do a better job on stuff moving or while you self is moving. I really hope that in future there will be shader handling that kind of aliasing. Downsampling helps a lot but my current GPU doesn't have the muscle for that. Guess 4k will help too.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.