Custom shader to display shader devices

• JShelph
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by JShelph Custom shader to display shader devices was created by JShelph
Hey there, first of all many thanks for ReShade and SweetFX, they both work great!

My question is this, is it possible to write a custom shader (or by any other means) which could display ingame the names of the currently loaded shaders in front of me? I wanna see the name of a specific shader which scrolls under a water shader.

Many thanks for any pointer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Custom shader to display shader devices
You mean all active ReShade shaders?

• Kleio420
More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Custom shader to display shader devices

crosire wrote: You mean all active ReShade shaders?

to me it sounds like he means , if you point a object it will tell you what shaders are being applied to said object in game

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Custom shader to display shader devices
It's possible to display active ReShade shaders. Adding a "#pragma message "[SHADERNAME]"" to each shader file inside the "#if USE_[SHADERNAME] ... #endif" and a list is printed out each time ReShade reloads them.
It's impossible to display which shaders of the game are applied to specific objects. They don't have names, they are just binary blobs.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.