Depth based Ambient Light (?)

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by jas01 Depth based Ambient Light (?) was created by jas01
Thers is a little bit stupid suggestion.. I would like to request a depth based Ambient Light shader. (To enhance this effect in the distant plan..)

i.imgur.com/ENwz7BS.png
(depth based bloom)

*Sorry for my poor grammar.. :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Depth based Ambient Light (?)
Its not as easy cause depth is applied on a pixel dependent on the depth of that pixel while having only one focus point.
For light you would need to apply light on a pixel dependent on the depth of a pixel that is source of that light while having an arbitrary number of possible light sources.

I thought about something similar once to fake global illumination but that requires a smart algorithm to think of first ;)

What should be possible though is applying the AL algo only on a certain (soft) depth threshold. That way you could limit the effect to only the background. Not sure though if that is what you want.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ganossa.

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Depth based Ambient Light (?)

Ganossa wrote: Its not as easy cause depth is applied on a pixel dependent on the depth of that pixel while having only one focus point.
For light you would need to apply light on a pixel dependent on the depth of a pixel that is source of that light while having an arbitrary number of possible light sources.

I thought about something similar once to fake global illumination but that requires a smart algorithm to think of first ;)

Okay. I understand.

Ganossa wrote: What should be possible though is applying the AL algo only on a certain (soft) depth threshold. That way you could limit the effect to only the background. Not sure though if that is what you want.

Sure. This would be pretty cool.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.