In-Game Control (Keyboard as IPC)

• Ionman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by Ionman In-Game Control (Keyboard as IPC) was created by Ionman
Hello, I wanted to propose expansion of the _ToggleKey mechanism to also allow for _EnableKey and _DisableKey defines which could turn an effect on and off without respect to its current state.

I use ReShade to improve the naturalism of Arma 3. I also have a keyboard stuffer connected directly to the game's scripting engine which I use for a variety of tasks like putting stance control on the mouse wheel. I thought it would be really cool to craft a preset to improve the game's rather lacklustre Night Vision effects. In fact I think there might be a tonne of applications in Arma, like enabling Cubic Lens Distortion when switched to a vehicle's camera screen or creating suppression effects when under fire or close to an explosion.

Can't make this work with just _ToggleKey because I can't reliably know if an effect is currently on or off but it would be viable if I could always just turn it on or off. On the face of it this might seem a narrow application but I know people already use AutoHotKey for preset control and it may be that there are other games that could capitalise on this functionality.

Even better would be if _Start_Enabled could be defined for individual effects.

Thanks for your work.

EDIT: Sorry, suspect I should have posted this in the Application > Suggestions forum.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ionman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Golgotha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.