reshape and RGB wifi lamps

• epoc
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by epoc reshape and RGB wifi lamps was created by epoc
I'm writing a program that sends colors to RGB wifi lamps (MiLight to be exact) based on certain criteria. I'm hoping to release a first version this month.
You can see about it here: kostasv.bitbucket.org/
It started its life as an ambilight style app. What this does is calculate the colors visible on the screen and send an average to the lamps. It works great on videos and games running in non-exclusive mode. I am investigating the possibility of using reshape for color capture of those other cases and i had some questions.
Is it possible to write a shader for reshape that will just calculate some colors, without actually applying anything back to the screen?
I also need to read some values from the registry and send UDP packets. Is there any way to get that kind of thing going? I can compile some external libs in c# or c++ to help me with that but i don't know if i can call then from inside the shader...
thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by epoc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CeeJay.dk
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic reshape and RGB wifi lamps
Yes , you can create a vertex or pixel shader that samples the screen colors and calculates the color that each lamp needs.
You can output this to a texturebuffer, which you don't have to output to the screen - we already do this to calculate intermediate results for the effects.

But from there it needs to be grabbed off the GPU and sent to the CPU so you can do something else with it than draw on the screen.
ReShade does not currently have any features that does this, so it will require that Crosire implements support specifically for this.

So this is more a feature request for ReShade than for the shaders,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, epoc

• epoc
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by epoc Replied by epoc on topic reshape and RGB wifi lamps
yes it's more or less what i expected.
thanks for clearing that up mate!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.