FarCry 4 Shaders

• rishabh47
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by rishabh47 FarCry 4 Shaders was created by rishabh47
Can There be a tonemap shader like we saw in FarCry 4? Also Can Anyone Programme A Shader For The SSBC Ambient Occlusion And Alpha-To-Coverage(ATOC)?

I know its Not Possible for ATOC as It uses MSAA but can anyone make anything similar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic FarCry 4 Shaders
SSBC is short for Screen Space Bent Cone AO. When working at MXAO I experimented with bent normals and bent cones but it really is not worth it. Basically a bent cone ao is nothing else than an accumulation from which direction comes the least occlusion (direction of the cone) and how much occlusion (wider cone = less occlusion). This is however just a thought experiment, it looks a lot different in code. And as I said, bent cone AO does not look that good, horizon based sampling is almost same and looks better. Bent normals can be useful fo indirecg/direct light distribution but that would require reading such data from the game or using arbitrary constants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rishabh47

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.