Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: So..TAA with SMAA possible with shaders? Seems so!

So..TAA with SMAA possible with shaders? Seems so! 8 months 2 hours ago #41

I tried this shader on the Witcher 3 and it got rid of the shimmering effect really well (the version without the aliasing mask). But, it just blurred everything and the motion blurring was too much. It's a shame there isn't a way to reduce the motion blur amount below its default setting, is anyone still working on this shader?

Also, it seems to work well with SMAA in the Witcher 3.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 hours ago by cbdeakin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

So..TAA with SMAA possible with shaders? Seems so! 8 months 1 hour ago #42

I've tried the version with the mask also and actually it does work well in general. But, it really distorts text at the moment. I'd recommend setting both the jitter amount value to 0 at the moment. Lowering the seeking amount seems to improve the AA smoothing effect, a value of 0.025 works well.

I've also found it works better if you load SMAA any shader before the TAA shader loads (in the home menu).
Last Edit: 8 months 4 minutes ago by cbdeakin.

So..TAA with SMAA possible with shaders? Seems so! 3 months 2 weeks ago #43

Hey @BlueSkyKnight, the version of the shader before you added the mask actually works really well at high framerates (120+ FPS) if you set the "Motion_Blur Adjust" parameter to something way outside the minimum value, like -0.050. This adds a strong green tint to the screen, but that can be removed using liftgammagain, tonemap, etc. Eliminates almost all aliasing in motion, especially when combined with SMAA. It still isn't really usable for normal gameplay because of how strong the ghosting effect is, but I want to let you know that you were closer than you probably think to making a very usable TAA shader. I think with a bit more work it could become a very nice addition to ReShade.