So this is a thing

• Martigen
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by Martigen So this is a thing was created by Martigen
SHADER GODS, APPARENTLY THIS MAKES THINGS LOOK BETTER.

From Timothy Lottes, creater or FXAA:

timothylottes.github.io/20170315.html
www.shadertoy.com/view/XsfyWS

Something to do with SGSSAA, which I thought was driver-based. Can this be done in a shader?

Anyway, HAVE AT IT!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ioxa
More
7 years 1 month ago #2 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic So this is a thing
This looks really cool... I'm thinking it might work as AA and debanding with the noise being added. It does look a little odd in full screen but I think that has more to do with the pattern being used than the effect itself. I might have some time to mess with it this weekend but I doubt I'd be able to port this to ReShade, if its even possible.

• FierySwordswoman
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #3 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic So this is a thing
I don't think SGSSAA's possible to make in ReShade. It only has access to a color buffer image and single B&W depth image within a given frame.
It's the same reason things like MSAA and AF can only be activated via driver as well.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by FierySwordswoman.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic So this is a thing
The AA used there can only be used because the original shape there is drawn procedurally. So for the AA methods he just generates the shapes at an offset. Which is basically the same as having the image available in a higher res. Vector graphic->antialiased pixel graphic is different from pixel graphic->antialiased pixel graphic.
I can SGSSAA anything artificially rendered on ReShade, just not any texture such as color or depth buffer.

Accept it, SMAA is still the best you can get with only color as info. There are offline AA renderers but they need much time for a single image, just like a heavy photoshop filter.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.

• Kleio420
More
7 years 1 month ago #5 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic So this is a thing

Martigen wrote: SHADER GODS, APPARENTLY THIS MAKES THINGS LOOK BETTER.

From Timothy Lottes, creater or FXAA:

timothylottes.github.io/20170315.html
www.shadertoy.com/view/XsfyWS

Something to do with SGSSAA, which I thought was driver-based. Can this be done in a shader?

Anyway, HAVE AT IT!

pretty sure this was part of a conference he did a few years back talking about temporal noise reduction it was almost 2hrs long didn't watch the entire thing some of the same stuff in that he talked about as examples for game devs to start thinking about.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.