TuningPalette port for ReShade 3

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by MonarchX TuningPalette port for ReShade 3 was created by MonarchX
I was really hoping Crosire would port this vital shader to ReShade 3, but he doesn't write them and Ganossa (who I assume is the original creator of this shader) has not posted anything on these forums since 2016, so I assume he left and/or no longer into ReShade. I don't know for sure, but I have no idea how to write shaders or if I can, but for all out there who are into display calibration and image accuracy, this shader is of utmost importance. Its practically like madVR's 3DLUT feature, but for games. Right now this shader exists for ReShade 2, which is generally fine, but it would be SO AWESOME if someone could port it into ReShade 3 now that many ENB+ReShade mods for games stick to ReShade 3... The entire "calibrate-your-screen" community would greatly appreciate it!

Would it have to be re-written from scratch or can it be just ported from ReShade 2 into ReShade 3?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
..... LUT.fx, anyone?

• ScureHD
More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by ScureHD Replied by ScureHD on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
It would be nice to have for porting old presets to ReShade 3... I want to port one of my presets too, but i can't get the exact same results. :(

• jas01
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
I know what you can do to get what you need.

• Meddy
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #5 by Meddy Replied by Meddy on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
Unless you're trying to port an already existing preset from one of the old versions of SweetFX or ReShade, this guide outlines a good way (IMO the best way) to do color corrections:

reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/3179-...correction-the-guide

ScureHD wrote: It would be nice to have for porting old presets to ReShade 3... I want to port one of my presets too, but i can't get the exact same results. :(

As for old presets, since not all the shaders from 2.0 were ported to 3.0, the best way I've found to preserve them is hook the preset's entire framework into that old DX9 image viewer program that came with one of the old ReShade releases, load the LUT.png from the newest ReShade release into the image viewer like a screenshot, take a screenshot with the effects turned on, then use an image editor to crop out everything out of the screenshot except the actual LUT from the image for use with the actual LUT shader. Just be sure you disable all post-processing effects like anti-aliasing, grain, chromatic aberration, sharpening, bloom, etc. before taking the screenshot. Also make sure you configure the framework to save the screenshot as .png ahead of time.

As for the post-processing effects, you'll have to copy their values and apply them to the corresponding 3.0 shaders once you're in-game, since the LUT is only going to handle the color corrections.

The ReShade Mediator from 2.0 actually has a function to create LUTs directly, but it recently (probably due to my OS or video drivers updating) stopped functioning properly for me.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Meddy.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #6 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
I am not sure that LUT is the same thing as TuningPalette, which is pretty much 3DLUT, like the one for madVR and it corrects a hell of a lot more points - 64x64x64, I think... You can use DisplayCAL to calibrate your monitor's grayscale AND colorspace through 3DLUT's. You cannot do that with simple LUT's that can only correct grayscale...

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 7 months ago #7 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
Yeah. LUT.fx uses a 3d lut. 64^3 if you want.
Anything color corrections you can make in something like GIMP or Photoshop can be stored in a LUT.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #8 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
So what would I need to do to convert TuningPalette 3DLUT's I generated into LUT.fx? Just specify path to the previously-generated 3DLUT files in LUT.fx?

EDIT: OK, I think I figured it out, but I need some help. In ReShade 2.X TuningPalette, I had these lines:

//>Color LUT Settings<\\
#define TuningColorLUTIntensityChroma 1.00 //[0.00:1.00] //-Intensity of the effect overlay on chroma
#define TuningColorLUTIntensityLuma 1.00 //[0.00:1.00] //-Intensity of the effect overlay on luma
#define TuningColorLUTDstTexture "ColorLookupTable64Mon.png" //[undef] //-Needs to have 256x16 pixels
#define TuningColorLUTTileAmountX 4096 //[undef] //-LUT Width
#define TuningColorLUTTileAmountY 64 //[undef] //-LUT Height
#define TuningColorLUTTileAmountZ 1 //[undef] //-LUT Levels (to select various 3D LUTs dependent on scene brightness)

But in ReShade 3.0.8 LUT I have different ones:

#ifndef fLUT_TextureName
#define fLUT_TextureName "LUT.png" <--- I assume here I specify the path to the LUT files generated
#endif
#ifndef fLUT_TileSizeXY
#define fLUT_TileSizeXY 32 <-- What about here? In original settings, X=4096 and Y=64, so XY tells me I need multiply 4096x64 and use that value
#endif
#ifndef fLUT_TileAmount
#define fLUT_TileAmount 32 <-- If the assumption about XY is correct, then what value do I input here? 1?
#endif

Or does it make more sense to use value 4096 for TileSizeXY and use value 64 for TileAmount?

EDIT: Neither combination works... I get either an error or weird colors!
EDIT 2: I think 64 for first value and 64 for second value works or at least it applies a correction that looks right, without errors, without weird colors, but what about the last 64??? Or maybe I made the incorrect assumption that TileXY means 64x64=4096 and it uses the same value for both H and W?

What about MultiLUT? I always wanted a feature where I could apply a 3rd party LUT, but apply it on TOP of my corrections. If someone makes a custom ReShade LUT for some game on a well-calibrated monitor, then I would like to see the resulting image the way the author of the LUT saw his, but my monitor has very inaccurate colors and the resulting image would not be anything close to the one author had in mind. Thus, with that-feature-I-would-like I would apply my LUT to correct monitor color accuracy and apply that custom LUT on top of my LUT to get that same/similar-looking image the author intended the audience to see. Does MultiLUT do that by chance???
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by MonarchX.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
Don't change any settings in the shader file.

For 64^3 lut, add these to your preprocessor definitions:
fLUT_TileSizeXY=64
fLUT_TileAmount=64
That's 64 tiles, each being 64*64 squares.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #10 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
Where do I input preprocessor definitions? There are no ReShade options that show up for LUT.fx when ReShade UI comes up. Where is the harm in changing the actual LUT.fx shader file? I keep the original one, but changing
LUT_TileSizeXY=64
fLUT_TileAmount=64
within LUT.fx and specifying texture directory definitely did the trick!

• crosire
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic TuningPalette port for ReShade 3
On the Settings tab. Don't edit shader files directly, since that will just be overwritten on the next update, plus it's global, whereas the preprocessor settings are definable per game.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.