Outlines and Cel-Shading

• DannyG
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by DannyG Outlines and Cel-Shading was created by DannyG
I would really like to see Borderlands' outlines in ReShade 3.0. The "Cartoon" effect messes with menus very hard (because it makes outlines based on colors, obviously). I miss the good ol' outlines shader called "Cel-Shader" (it's not a real cel-shader) that creates borders only around 3D models.
Also it would be really awesome if there was a true cel-shading effect. You know, the one that works similarly to cel-shading in Jet Set Radio and Okami. But on the entire scene. Like here. wiki.unrealengine.com/Cel_Shading_Post_Process I know that some companies like to use it only on models. It sucks.
If someone can make a cel-shading effect and port the "Cel-Shading" effect from 2.0 (it really needs a different name) then it would be awesome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WLHM15
More
6 years 6 months ago #2 by WLHM15 Replied by WLHM15 on topic Outlines and Cel-Shading
Maybe this is the shader that you looking for.

raw.githubusercontent.com/crosire/reshad...0/Shaders/Outline.fx
The following user(s) said Thank You: forsakenmx

• Belmod
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #3 by Belmod Replied by Belmod on topic Outlines and Cel-Shading
Its been a while since this conversation here took place, but this seems like something I'm looking for and I was wondering how do I use the file here?
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Belmod.

• crosire
More
1 year 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Outlines and Cel-Shading
Right click > Save link as ... > save the fx file somewhere in the effect search paths of your ReShade installation (e.g. reshade-shaders\Shaders in the game directory).