Outlines and Cel-Shading

• DannyG
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by DannyG Outlines and Cel-Shading was created by DannyG
I would really like to see Borderlands' outlines in ReShade 3.0. The "Cartoon" effect messes with menus very hard (because it makes outlines based on colors, obviously). I miss the good ol' outlines shader called "Cel-Shader" (it's not a real cel-shader) that creates borders only around 3D models.
Also it would be really awesome if there was a true cel-shading effect. You know, the one that works similarly to cel-shading in Jet Set Radio and Okami. But on the entire scene. Like here. wiki.unrealengine.com/Cel_Shading_Post_Process I know that some companies like to use it only on models. It sucks.
If someone can make a cel-shading effect and port the "Cel-Shading" effect from 2.0 (it really needs a different name) then it would be awesome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WLHM15
More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by WLHM15 Replied by WLHM15 on topic Outlines and Cel-Shading
Maybe this is the shader that you looking for.

raw.githubusercontent.com/crosire/reshad...0/Shaders/Outline.fx
The following user(s) said Thank You: forsakenmx

• Belmod
More
1 year 4 weeks ago - 1 year 4 weeks ago #3 by Belmod Replied by Belmod on topic Outlines and Cel-Shading
Its been a while since this conversation here took place, but this seems like something I'm looking for and I was wondering how do I use the file here?
Last edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by Belmod.

• crosire
More
1 year 4 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Outlines and Cel-Shading
Right click > Save link as ... > save the fx file somewhere in the effect search paths of your ReShade installation (e.g. reshade-shaders\Shaders in the game directory).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.