Some ideas for shaders that could benefit VA panel

• igluk
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #1 by igluk Some ideas for shaders that could benefit VA panel was created by igluk
Hey! Since there are so many VA gaming monitors out there now I had some ideas for shaders that could help compensate for some of the inherent issues of this panel technology. I don't know much about shader programming so I hope none of those sound too idiotic/infeasible.

- Edge Saturation Shader
VA Weakness: Colour saturation loss around edges due to viewing angles
Function: Selective saturation of edges. Like combining vignette shader with vibrance and instead of darkening edges it saturates the edges.

- Motion Sharpening/Software Overdrive
VA Weakness: Increased motion blur due to slower pixel response times, increased motion blur due to low refresh rate/LCD sample-and-hold effect (this affects all panel types)
Function: Like motion blur but instead of blurring it sharpens the image when motion is detected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.