Chromatic Aberration MotionBlur

• ShapeShiftingGhost
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1 by ShapeShiftingGhost Chromatic Aberration MotionBlur was created by ShapeShiftingGhost
Is is practical to have a shader that uses chromatic aberration for motion blur, so that only when the camera frame moves the distortion of color creates an illusion of motion blur.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by ShapeShiftingGhost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• luluco250
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Chromatic Aberration MotionBlur
You mean to blur each color channel in different degrees? Could be interesting and not hard at all to implement.

Something like this should work: pastebin.com/NX05AGZ4

I just wrote it up on my phone so I can't test it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpio82CO

• DeMondo
More
6 years 1 week ago #3 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Chromatic Aberration MotionBlur

luluco250 wrote: You mean to blur each color channel in different degrees? Could be interesting and not hard at all to implement.

Something like this should work: pastebin.com/NX05AGZ4

I just wrote it up on my phone so I can't test it.

---

- Ive tried your new shader but received this message:

Failed to compile .. Chromatic_Aberration_MotionBlur.fx(11, 9): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected 'identifier'

• ShapeShiftingGhost
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 days ago #4 by ShapeShiftingGhost Replied by ShapeShiftingGhost on topic Chromatic Aberration MotionBlur
There is a error in the code

• Fu-Bama
More
6 years 2 days ago #5 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic Chromatic Aberration MotionBlur
Line number 11 must be
uniform float fFrameTime <source = "frametime";>;
Here's the full code:
Warning: Spoiler!

• Spectre
More
5 years 10 months ago #6 by Spectre Replied by Spectre on topic Chromatic Aberration MotionBlur
Could you do something similar to the effect found in the ChromaticAberration.fx where you can change the strength of the effect.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.