Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Reshade 3

• TheBlueOne
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #1 by TheBlueOne Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Reshade 3 was created by TheBlueOne
I have tried advanced motion blur with Reshade 1, but I had bad luck in BeamNG Drive as Reshade 1 apparently had no access to the depth buffer which this effect uses for a more convincing blur. Reshade 3 on the other hand does have access to the depth buffer with exactly the same in-game settings. But Reshade 3 installer and the forum doesn't have the advanced motion blur from GemFX like Reshade 1 does. :(

Could anyone port this effect for Reshade 3? It would be very appreciated as I love decent motion blur in car games.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by TheBlueOne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty
More
5 years 10 months ago #2 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Rehade 3
Maybe not 100% relevant, but I'd too love to see GemFX shaders ported to ReShade 3, the more the better. Especially color correction ones. As far as I know we only have Ambient Light (which I really like btw).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe, TheBlueOne

• TheBlueOne
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #3 by TheBlueOne Replied by TheBlueOne on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Rehade 3
Yes, I'd love to see more GemFX shaders ported. I'm just really curious how advanced motion blur would look like with depth buffer support. Since I could never make it work in GemFX and ReShade 1.

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 10 months ago #4 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Rehade 3
That would be nice. Also, what has happened to Lucifer's Hawk?

• Marty
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #5 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Rehade 3

Wicked Sick wrote: That would be nice. Also, what has happened to Lucifer's Hawk?

Yeah, no idea. If I remeber right he planned to port GemFX to ReShade. Which didn't happen apart from excellent Ambiend Light, sadly.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Marty.

• TheBlueOne
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #6 by TheBlueOne Replied by TheBlueOne on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Reshade 3
It might be easier if I also post the code I would like to see ported.

Reshade v1 code:
Warning: Spoiler!

Reshade v1 default config
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by TheBlueOne.

• matsilagi
More
5 years 10 months ago #7 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Reshade 3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpio82CO, andrew, TheBlueOne

• TheBlueOne
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #8 by TheBlueOne Replied by TheBlueOne on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Reshade 3

matsilagi wrote: pastebin.com/hZNe8mXL

Done

I'm so glad you done it! I've tried it In BeamNG. Works beautifully! Very appreciated. Thank you. :cheer:

• Martigen
More
5 years 10 months ago #9 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Reshade 3
Please add to the GitHub repository :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpio82CO

• Scorpio82CO
More
5 years 10 months ago #10 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Reshade 3
hi.. thanks for ported it to ver 3xx.. I have a question.. do you see the luluco´s MBMB shader??(mouse based motion blur)... could be applied the code inside of the advanced motion blur to make it work with the depth buffer.. it´s like improved shader.. please... it will be awesome!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, andrew

• UTwelve
More
5 years 4 months ago #11 by UTwelve Replied by UTwelve on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Reshade 3

matsilagi wrote: pastebin.com/hZNe8mXL

Done

PerformanceMode doesn't work :huh:

• MichaelZFreeman
More
5 years 3 months ago #12 by MichaelZFreeman Replied by MichaelZFreeman on topic Port GemFX Adv. Motion Blur for Reshade 3
I tried this but nothing seems to be happening. Everything else in ReShade is operative. I checked the stats and nothing in the two popup images is visible. The third image ("last frame") shows a very faint image. Fake Motion Blur (the one supplied with ReShade is working.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.