Rule of Thirds Grid

• Essovius
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #1 by Essovius Rule of Thirds Grid was created by Essovius
Hello there, First, I need to say I am not a native English speaker so please excuse my English. I wonder is it possible to add a new effect/shader to show grid lines on screen with using Reshade? Nvidia Ansel has a feature like that (Grid of Thirds) but it is not very advanced. It has only on and off setting. Sometimes I'm using Border.fx to create portrait screenshots. So Grid lines should be configurable by user. For example GIMP has a simple configuration screen for grids . I believe it would be very useful for most of screenshot artists. Plus, not only regular grid, other grid types could be added to this effect/shader for example : Phi grid , diagonals , triangles.

I searched on forum and Google but i couldn't find anything relevant. I would be happy if someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daodan
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #2 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Rule of Thirds Grid
Update 2018-06-18

Composition shader that draws a grid and borders on the screen.
The borders and the grid adapt to the user defined aspect ratio.
Currently the grid can be of two types:
- Fractions (Halfs, Thirds, Fitfths, etc.)
- Golden Ratio

AspectRatioComposition.fx

Old post:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Daodan. Reason: Shader update
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex_outer, Essovius

• Essovius
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #3 by Essovius Replied by Essovius on topic Rule of Thirds Grid
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I'm looking for and it's working great!

How can I follow updates?

• Daodan
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #4 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Rule of Thirds Grid
I'm glad that you like it!

I think for updates I just edit my first post here and add another post that I've done so.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Daodan.

• Essovius
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #5 by Essovius Replied by Essovius on topic Rule of Thirds Grid
Thanks again for the aspect ratio update, I love it!

Btw I took a few screenshots by using your shader, you can find them here.

• Martigen
More
5 years 10 months ago #6 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Rule of Thirds Grid
Can I ask what this is used for? Helping in framing good screenshots?

• Daodan
More
5 years 10 months ago #7 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Rule of Thirds Grid

Martigen wrote: Can I ask what this is used for? Helping in framing good screenshots?

Yes. Just a helper for composition. And to help in framing screenshots with a different aspect ratio than the monitor.

• Daodan
More
5 years 10 months ago #8 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Rule of Thirds Grid
Added an update.
See second post in this thread.

@Essovius Nice screenshots! Especially that mountain range.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Essovius

• smithedits
More
3 years 1 month ago #9 by smithedits Replied by smithedits on topic Rule of Thirds Grid
Where can I download the composition.fx ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.