Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Environmental Shadows

Environmental Shadows 1 month 3 weeks ago #1

Alright, so a while back I learned that someone had managed to create dynamic shadows for the in-game world of Fallout New Vegas using an ENB injector. Unfortunately, my computer or game simply can't run ENBs effectively, so I'm stuck at square one.

My question is as such, could the Reshade architecture be used to render similar Stencil Shadows based on in-game sun and depth information not unlike how it was done in ENB?

I understand on a very basic level what's required, but I can't put it into proper terms, so please feel free to correct me if my post makes no sense...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Environmental Shadows 1 month 3 weeks ago #2

AFAIK, no. Reshades scope is to be generalized hook which works the same way in every instance. Ie. in every game and supported API. The shadows require the hook being able to pull very specific data from the game itself(time of day or sun position...) and that cannot be generalized as every game handles that differently and most games won't even expose that data for use. This is the reason why there are so many game specific dll files and configs in ENB. For example, GTA version won't be able to create those shadows in Fallout.
The administrator has disabled public write access.