Additional Shader: Interior Mapping shader in GTA

• sarrazin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #1 by sarrazin Additional Shader: Interior Mapping shader in GTA was created by sarrazin
Hello folks, It's been a while since I came across a very nice technique which is used in several next-game titles like the new ps4 spider man, whatch dogs, assasins creed etc. It is called Interior mapping shader, originally introduced in 2008 as an alternative to 3d modeled interiors, now, it is even available for unreal engine and unity (with some more additions to she shader as the capacity of the shader to capture light into the texture in order to emulate room artificial lightning), you can find out more about it on the web.
Here are 2 examples of its implementation:

So my question is - would it be possible to get this shader work with gta 5 (or any other game using reshade)? Either with enbseries, reshade or some direct implementation/code addition into an existing shader or else? So once applied on a building (in Zanoza or GIMS) it wold be fonctional in game?
Abjections, suggestions, ideas? Thank you for your attention ppl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Additional Shader: Interior Mapping shader in GTA
No. ReShade does post processing, not 3D shading.

• sarrazin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by sarrazin Replied by sarrazin on topic Additional Shader: Interior Mapping shader in GTA
Well, at least I've tried, thank you<

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.