Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Background Blur Shader

Background Blur Shader 2 months 6 days ago #1

Hey.
I was recently doing presets on my games for potato PCs and machines, and i wondered if someone has a ultra-simple DoF (aka Background blur)
Something to mimic cheap DoFs from mobile games (Like Asphalt 8, which is basically a box blur applied to the depth)

It can be either like the Asphalt 8 one or a simple Gaussian Blur applied to the depth, a really simple DoF shader just so i can use it on old games without tanking the performance and without looking overkill.

I've found the codes for the shader I wanted: drive.google.com/file/d/1SVbGIyNx5hxltXU...0E/view?usp=drivesdk

Someone willing to port it for me?
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by matsilagi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Background Blur Shader 2 months 11 hours ago #2

oh man this looks soo good and performane friendly ..
hope somone port it

Background Blur Shader 1 month 3 weeks ago #3

matsilagi wrote:
Hey.
I was recently doing presets on my games for potato PCs and machines, and i wondered if someone has a ultra-simple DoF (aka Background blur)
Something to mimic cheap DoFs from mobile games (Like Asphalt 8, which is basically a box blur applied to the depth)

It can be either like the Asphalt 8 one or a simple Gaussian Blur applied to the depth, a really simple DoF shader just so i can use it on old games without tanking the performance and without looking overkill.

I've found the codes for the shader I wanted: drive.google.com/file/d/1SVbGIyNx5hxltXU...0E/view?usp=drivesdk

Someone willing to port it for me?
Cinematic dof takes ~1.6ms in simpler scenes and 2ms in busy scenes @ 1080p, that doesn't tank perf at all. If you need something faster, you can use the regular DOF, which can be tweaked to get below 1ms. There's also lightDOF in the reshade repo which is very very simple and is even faster (but has low quality but as you don't mind, it's perhaps a candidate).

No need for another dof. the ones there are already very fast.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by OtisInf.