Is Tessellation possible with reshade ?

• hardsleaz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by hardsleaz Is Tessellation possible with reshade ? was created by hardsleaz
I don't really know how tessellation works but it's an effect that can make huge differences in graphics. I know that in the Ishiiruka version of the dolphin emulator they haved made tessellation work , so is it possible with reshade only by using the Depth ? (im new to this shader thingy so please don't be mad if i ask something for the impossible)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Is Tessellation possible with reshade ?
Tessellation is impossible with post-processing. It is done during geometry rendering and you need displacement maps for all the geometry which encode the additional detail you want to achieve with tessellation. So it is highly game specific and not something ReShade could do.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hardsleaz

• Elimina
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Is Tessellation possible with reshade ?
Although this is not on the topic of tessellation, I believe Marty McFly was working on a Parallax Occlusion method for Reshade and he posted some test shots on Facebook. This effect is similar to tessellation but obviously is restricted due to the screen space nature of ReShade. The effect would probably not release due to this reason.

Here are his posts showing this effect:
www.facebook.com/MartyMcModding/photos/a...3726/?type=3&theater

www.facebook.com/MartyMcModding/photos/a...7233/?type=3&theater
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeTa, hardsleaz

• hardsleaz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 week ago #4 by hardsleaz Replied by hardsleaz on topic Is Tessellation possible with reshade ?
wow this look promising

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.