Is there any shader that could show text on screen

• chipachipy
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by chipachipy Is there any shader that could show text on screen was created by chipachipy
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5CVMXBk4QkrPrKUj8

the final result could be similar to this image

you can show clock ,fps or any text you want,and put it where you like and even edit the text style.

If there is already a shader like this please tell me :huh:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by chipachipy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chipachipy
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by chipachipy Replied by chipachipy on topic Is there any shader that could show text on screen
Hello?please replay :oops: :pinch:

• Faustus86
More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Is there any shader that could show text on screen

chipachipy wrote: Hello?please replay :oops: :pinch:

I can not open you Link so i don't know exactly what you are looking for.
The only Shader i know with this purpose is layer.fx
You can put there "what you want" (Watermark etc.) but it is a Single Image.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chipachipy

• chipachipy
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by chipachipy Replied by chipachipy on topic Is there any shader that could show text on screen
I edited the picture link,it should work fine now

• DonaldDuckling
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5 by DonaldDuckling Replied by DonaldDuckling on topic Is there any shader that could show text on screen
hello, i don't want to start a new topic, but is there a way to use more than one layer.fx?
and make it a different image?
i have copied the shader and edited the layer source to the new image, but both layers load whatever the original layer.fx is referencing.

also maybe keep the aspect ratio of the image? or allow scaling on separate x and y axis .
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by DonaldDuckling.

• Marot
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by Marot Replied by Marot on topic Is there any shader that could show text on screen

DonaldDuckling wrote: hello, i don't want to start a new topic, but is there a way to use more than one layer.fx?
and make it a different image?
i have copied the shader and edited the layer source to the new image, but both layers load whatever the original layer.fx is referencing.

also maybe keep the aspect ratio of the image? or allow scaling on separate x and y axis .

Scaling should preserve aspect ratio at the moment, but you'll need to modify the following accordingly in the second copy:
Texture Code

And also rename the second one's technique to something other than Layer:
Technique Name

• DonaldDuckling
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #7 by DonaldDuckling Replied by DonaldDuckling on topic Is there any shader that could show text on screen
yes i've changed both of these, but it doesnt work. it loads whatever layer.png is even if its nothing.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by DonaldDuckling.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.