Would a TXAA shader be possible at some point?

• DoctaSmitty
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by DoctaSmitty Would a TXAA shader be possible at some point? was created by DoctaSmitty
I've been using ReShade for the past few years and can't even see myself gaming without it. With that being said, I've spent some time lurking around these forums for a while and I'd like to know if anyone's had any success with porting/creating a TAA/TXAA shader.

Main reason that I'm asking is because some games do have poor TAA implementation (either too strong, or too little). One example of this is Battlefront II (2017), even at Ultra, 1440p, 100% resolution scale, there's still a lot of aliasing and to me it's just ugly to look at. I've played around with tons of official and custom shaders to make the clearest image possible, but I'd like to ask since there are a couple of really talented folks here.

docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/content/gamewo.../postworks/util.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• S3r1ous
More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by S3r1ous Replied by S3r1ous on topic Would a TXAA shader be possible at some point?
Well theres the kind of pseudo Temporal anti-aliasing reducer shader ive been using for ages - Temporal AA aka Motion Blur?
I usually prefer to clean up the distant jaggies with NFAA first thou - NFAA Fast
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• jas01
More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Would a TXAA shader be possible at some point?
I also like to use NFAA sometimes (with a mask), but SMAA is still a lot more important for me. You could try it with its "depth-based" option enabled and see how it works for your issue. I would say that mixing color SMAA & depth SMAA with a little bit of NFAA is pretty good in most cases (load order is very important here & you should apply deblur before any AA to combat detail loss).

• jas01
More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Would a TXAA shader be possible at some point?

S3r1ous wrote: Well theres the kind of pseudo Temporal anti-aliasing reducer shader ive been using for ages - Temporal AA aka Motion Blur?

Could you share your "TAReducer" settings with me?

• S3r1ous
More
4 years 8 months ago #5 by S3r1ous Replied by S3r1ous on topic Would a TXAA shader be possible at some point?

jas01 wrote:

S3r1ous wrote: Well theres the kind of pseudo Temporal anti-aliasing reducer shader ive been using for ages - Temporal AA aka Motion Blur?

Could you share your "TAReducer" settings with me?

last settings i used months ago (recently ive been sticking to NFAA mostly):
Power=1.500000
Threshhold=0.845000
Adjust=0.045000
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.