qUINT Bloom Help/Guide Requested

• canceralp
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by canceralp qUINT Bloom Help/Guide Requested was created by canceralp
Hello, could someone please walk me through what each setting does in qUINT Bloom? I have tried every thing I guessed but got no solution. I couldn't get any closer to decent look.

There is no debug screen, either. So it requieres that the user must know what is what. The default settings just fades the entire screen, even though the game doesn't have any atmosphere of that much light at that moment.

I'm also open to other Bloom shader suggestions, however I couldn't figure them out, either.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pyewacket
More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by pyewacket Replied by pyewacket on topic qUINT Bloom Help/Guide Requested
qBloom is kinda peculiar. In some games it gives a decent look, in others it just doesn't, no matter what you do. So if you can't get a look you want then just move on to a different shader. I suggest you test every shader yourself, there are plenty. The 2 that come with reshade are worth checking, Ambient Light is quiet unique in it's effect to image, albeit tends to be more expensive in performance than other shaders. Pirate Bloom, Arcane Bloom, PPFX_Bloom, Orton Bloom, Gaussian Bloom -- all are worth checking out. Unfortunately i can't provide links, but they're floating out there, in this forum. I find Ambient light, PPFX_Bloom and Pirate Bloom to be most interesting in general, but results may vary depending on the game and it's subjective.
The following user(s) said Thank You: canceralp

• Wicked Sick
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic qUINT Bloom Help/Guide Requested
I will try to look for those Pirate and Orton bloom, never saw those.

• jas01
More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic qUINT Bloom Help/Guide Requested
Pirate Bloom and Gaussian Bloom are my personal favorites. Ambience light and Magic Bloom are also pretty good and easy to use.

• canceralp
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #5 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic qUINT Bloom Help/Guide Requested
I got it. When I turned off eye adaptation it turned into a regular bloom with minimal perfromance impact. It makes 16 passes and costs only 3ms in 2560x1440.

Because, in all documents I have read bloom was defined as an additional layer to thew original image with 5-7 passes of gaussian blur on the light areas. SO technically, it was impossible for it to reduce the overall brightness. It's job to increase the brightness where possible, afterall.

Then I discovered adaptation settings in qUINT Bloom. Turning it to 0 gives the expected result.

I wish there was a way to reduce it's operating resolution to 1/4 so I could effectively use it in 4K resolutions. Because it takes relatively a lot processing power considering it is an effects that comes into play only when necessary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Wicked Sick
More
4 years 7 months ago #6 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic qUINT Bloom Help/Guide Requested
@jas01

Could you link me to that Pirate Bloom, please?

• Duran.te
More
4 years 7 months ago #7 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic qUINT Bloom Help/Guide Requested
That's included in PirateKitty's GitHub repository: github.com/Heathen/Pirate-Shaders
Last commit was in dec 2016 and I don't think there's an updated version of the collection, but shaders still do work for Reshade 4.3 (didn't test depth-based shaders, tho).

Warning: Spoiler!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, jas01

• Wicked Sick
More
4 years 7 months ago #8 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic qUINT Bloom Help/Guide Requested
Thanks, Durante. I didn't had this one. I will make a back up.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.