Can you do something like this?

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by Quentin-Tarantino Can you do something like this? was created by Quentin-Tarantino
I am not 2 sure what to call it but the flashing white FX in the video?

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Quentin-Tarantino.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Can you do something like this?
You are talking about Xmm overlays I guess :cheer:

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Can you do something like this?

LuciferHawk wrote: You are talking about Xmm overlays I guess :cheer:

Yea :cheer: That's it :) Could it be done Mr Hawk?

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Can you do something like this?
Yes, I actually started working on something similar for GEMFX but never finished it. The main problem is to get the single frames of those videos or similar (I remember using a program that could store frames as .png or .bmp files). If you could give me all single frames for a Xmm overlay, I could implement such a shader for the framework. :)

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Can you do something like this?
What format do you need the files?
I used one of the free downloads in the last video you posted and converted it to frames in photoshop, resulting in 160 frames.
I bounced it down to this *.GIF.
It took me a whole day this week to figure out how to make gifs hahaha :cheer:
giphy.com/gifs/3oEdv3l17hjbdxI8zm

(Its a 46 mb gif lol)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by BrandonHortman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Can you do something like this?
Due to quality and size, .png would be good and I could go from there :) I doubt gif has a better quality to size ratio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino

• Iddqd
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #7 by Iddqd Replied by Iddqd on topic Can you do something like this?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Iddqd. Reason: Upload
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino, BrandonHortman

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Can you do something like this?
Thanks guys, I will try to get some results. (do not worry, it will be a pretty cheap effect in the end despite the size of the current files) :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino, BrandonHortman

• jmp909
More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic Can you do something like this?
strangely enough i was wondering if anyone would do this the other day. would be good for some Sepia GTA5 Machinima ;)

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Can you do something like this?

jmp909 wrote: strangely enough i was wondering if anyone would do this the other day. would be good for some Sepia GTA5 Machinima ;)

I have a few idea's also in mind for this :)

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #11 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Can you do something like this?

LuciferHawk wrote: Thanks guys, I will try to get some results. (do not worry, it will be a pretty cheap effect in the end despite the size of the current files) :P

:cheer: Thanking you Mr Hawk :)

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago #12 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Can you do something like this?
Please stay tuned a few minutes ;)

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #13 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Can you do something like this?
:P

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #14 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Can you do something like this?
Sorry for the low quality...youtube does not like me anymore.

You will be able to define your own 8mm film textures.
I call the shader Gr8mmFilm :P

Posted also in the Dev Blog
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman, Mobeeuz

• Mobeeuz
More
8 years 11 months ago #15 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Can you do something like this?
Well done sir! Very authentic looking.

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #16 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Can you do something like this?

LuciferHawk wrote: Sorry for the low quality...youtube does not like me anymore.

You will be able to define your own 8mm film textures.
I call the shader Gr8mmFilm :P

Posted also in the Dev Blog

LuciferHawk You are a Star mate ;) :) :cheer:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #17 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Can you do something like this?
LuciferHawk when will you be releasing it?

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago #18 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Can you do something like this?

Quentin-Tarantino wrote: LuciferHawk when will you be releasing it?

I was thinking about implementing (or at least trying to :P) something else first but hopefully this weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino, jas01

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #19 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Can you do something like this?

LuciferHawk wrote:

Quentin-Tarantino wrote: LuciferHawk when will you be releasing it?

I was thinking about implementing (or at least trying to :P) something else first but hopefully this weekend.

Thanks mate :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.