FPS Cap with Frame Pacing

• sp82
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1 by sp82 FPS Cap with Frame Pacing was created by sp82
Hi everyone,
I don't know how ReShade work internally but I would like to know if it possible to implement a fps cap shader that do also frame pacing. This could give much more smooth gameplay for some games.
I need to cap the fps just 2 fps below the max refresh rate because my monitor is one of the bad freesync monitors that have brightness flicker at max refresh rate. I have to use with vsync-on with adaptive sync just below the max refresh rate of the monitor.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by sp82.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlucardDH
More
4 years 4 months ago #2 by AlucardDH Replied by AlucardDH on topic FPS Cap with Frame Pacing
It may be possible to do it by making a quantity (based on the previous frametime and the target frametime) of "useless" calculations.

• AlucardDH
More
4 years 4 months ago #3 by AlucardDH Replied by AlucardDH on topic FPS Cap with Frame Pacing
Here is a simple shader to set a target fps to your liking :
raw.githubusercontent.com/AlucardDH/dh-r...rs/dh_framepacing.fx

It can not prevent stutters for the game engine but it'll try to keep your fps at selected target.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.