Emphasize LUT (background color grading)

• Cul
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #1 by Cul Emphasize LUT (background color grading) was created by Cul
Hello. Hope you have a good year. :side:

Emphasize.fx uses depth to select everything but the subject and then desaturate it. I was wondering, would it be possible to use a LUT instead?

For example in this game, the gray is what Emphasize touches, which can be closer or further apart.

In PS terms, it would be like always having a "mask" for the background, with any color correction you want in the LUT. Very powerful, I think. For "local contrast," when something looks "nicer" if everything around looks dull. Maybe what Otis had in mind.

Any help is appreciated, and again, hope you enjoy 2020. :side:

This was the code for Emphasize.fx
Warning: Spoiler!

And for instance this one applies a LUT based on Luma, so if the game had clear night/day differences you could have two LUTs.

And I saw a LUT.fx with even a LUT selector.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Cul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originalnicodr
More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by originalnicodr Replied by originalnicodr on topic Emphasize LUT (background color grading)
You could try using the CanvasMasking shader i did to mask any lut you want using the emphasize-type fog

reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/619...king-and-other-stuff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.