Adjustable Motion Blur

• Gigigonzalez
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by Gigigonzalez Adjustable Motion Blur was created by Gigigonzalez
Hi all.

First of all, great tool here! Works flawlessly in DX11 :D

I have a suggestion, or a request even.

What about a Motion Blur Processing? With the main goal to smoothen games out that are low on frame rate.
Too much time i encounter games, especially MMO's which are so heavily CPU bound that its impossible to run at 30+ FPS even with high end PC's

Could a motion blur filter be used, preferably 'adaptive' that detects framerate and increase/decrease motion blur effect based on FPS? Not sure how it would have to be implemented;

- fill in the lost frame with an image that is a mixture of the frame before and after that?
- Detect FPS and simply smoothen out the image or with some prediction stuff, i dont know how motion blur works.

Its just a wild idea, im not even sure if its feasible and it would probably introduce increased latency, but for MMO's etc its not such a biggy.

There is literally nothing 'on the market' that does this.
Thanks!
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Gigigonzalez.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.