Fake TAA shaking

• Egor179
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #1 by Egor179 Fake TAA shaking was created by Egor179
Hello everybody. Someone can take the time and write a simple shader that will shake the screen a little, like a real TAA does (I'm zero in programming)
The idea is that the picture will be shaken and smoothed with a shader from BlueSkyDefender.
Of course, it will be impossible to play like this, but maybe you can make beautiful screenshots without flickering..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Fake TAA shaking
This is called jittering and cannot be done in post. It shifts the projection matrix slightly (in sub-pixel space!! the offsets are smaller than a pixel), so that the rasterized samples are slightly offset (similar to MSAA the idea is to generate more samples per pixel, except that it is done over multiple frames instead of within a single frame).
Just shifting the pixel data around in acreenspace would be useless for this and not produce the desired effect.

• Faustus86
More
3 years 3 months ago #3 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Fake TAA shaking
Hey!

Follow up question: Is it possible to write a shader that applies BlueSkyDefenders TAA to a shader instead of the entire screen? Like with a before and after effect shader with the third in the middle?

Reason i am asking is that i am using TAA to get rid of most jittering that MXAA and similar depth shaders produce, but TAA blurs the entire screen. However, if TAA would only affect the shadows drawn by MXAA the jittering on foliage etc. could finaly be fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: canceralp

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.