SMAAT2X

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #1 by iAndyPC
SMAAT2X was created by iAndyPC
I have not found SMAAT2X anti-aliasing anywhere, so please make someone do the anti-aliasing as in CODMW2019

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2 by EFermi
Replied by EFermi on topic SMAAT2X
SMAA T2X includes a temporal postprocessing filter, which is too complicated for ReShade community to code. I mean, theoretically, it could be done on a game-to-game basis, but it is basically almost like writing a new shader for each individual game. No one would really do that unless they're particularly obsessed with a specific game.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #3 by iAndyPC
Replied by iAndyPC on topic SMAAT2X
I was looking for such anti-aliasing for RDR2

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #4 by lordbean
Replied by lordbean on topic SMAAT2X
According to the SMAA.fxh header file SMAAT2X (also known as Temporal SMAA) is only possible when SMAA is implemented directly within the game's own render pipeline as it requires the game to be performing 2x MSAA and then allowing SMAA to run against both individual MSAA samples in order to generate its sampling data. As far as I can understand from the code this is simply not possible via an injected post process shader alone; you can enable 2xMSAA in the game if the game lets you, but the injected SMAA code will not run until the game has completed fully rendering the frame, including having performed already both MSAA passes.