Texture based Screen Space Reflections

• SavvyKraken
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #1 by SavvyKraken Texture based Screen Space Reflections was created by SavvyKraken
I noticed in the release thread for 5.0 that there was a utility which could display all of a game's textures (Unless I misunderstood). So, I was wondering if there might be a way to take that data and input it into an SSR shader so that reflections can be added to specific objects/textures in a game effectively replacing the cubemaps with realtime data.
Alternatively, would we instead be able to take a key color and use that instead?

No idea if the pixelshader can actually be made to work this way, but it's worth a shot to finally have actual realtime cubemaps in older games if the possibility exists.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TheHam
More
1 year 4 months ago #2 by TheHam Replied by TheHam on topic Texture based Screen Space Reflections
This cannot go unnoticed, this has to be a thing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.