A "Flux" Blue/White Light Filter

• SirArthurStreebGreebling
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by SirArthurStreebGreebling A "Flux" Blue/White Light Filter was created by SirArthurStreebGreebling
Hey everyone.

I'm sure a lot of you are aware of flux but here's a link to the site for some info. Its a program that dims your display by removing the blue light from your screen at night, giving it a warm orangeish appearance at night. Its pretty similar to the warming filter in photoshop if I remember correctly.

justgetflux.com/

What i was wondering is, would it be straight forward to make something similar with post processing? I cant count the amount of times I've made shaders forgetting that flux is on, only to find they look absolutely awful when i turn it off after realizing. The thing is, I find it looks nice in some games and especially with some of the shaders I've made with it on.

Is this already possible with existing shaders even? I'm pretty nooby when it comes to this stuff, I mostly tweak by trial and error so i don't really have an understanding of how it would work.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic A "Flux" Blue/White Light Filter

SirArthurStreebGreebling wrote: Hey everyone.

I'm sure a lot of you are aware of flux but here's a link to the site for some info. Its a program that dims your display by removing the blue light from your screen at night, giving it a warm orangeish appearance at night. Its pretty similar to the warming filter in photoshop if I remember correctly.

justgetflux.com/

What i was wondering is, would it be straight forward to make something similar with post processing? I cant count the amount of times I've made shaders forgetting that flux is on, only to find they look absolutely awful when i turn it off after realizing. The thing is, I find it looks nice in some games and especially with some of the shaders I've made with it on.

Is this already possible with existing shaders even? I'm pretty nooby when it comes to this stuff, I mostly tweak by trial and error so i don't really have an understanding of how it would work.

Thanks.

LUT, many of the color correction filters already put in framework will do this just make a lut using a warming filter in photoshop thats what ive done on many of the games i use it on then apply the "hdr" to draw out darker colors more im sure theres a better way to do it but thats the nice thing there are many many ways to do anything just play around youll find something you like then the day after find it looks like crap compared to a new way your doing it
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirArthurStreebGreebling

• sajittarius
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic A "Flux" Blue/White Light Filter
all flux does is change the color temperature from 6500 (neutral white) to like 4800 or 5000 (more yellowish/less bluish white).

You might be able to get away with just turning on a Sepia filter (i think Sweetfx has one), and setting it very low, turning it up until you get the whites you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirArthurStreebGreebling

• SirArthurStreebGreebling
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by SirArthurStreebGreebling Replied by SirArthurStreebGreebling on topic A "Flux" Blue/White Light Filter
Thanks for the replies, i should have thought of the sepia one, seems obvious in hindsight.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.