Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Oil Filter Shader

Oil Filter Shader 1 year 4 months ago #1

Hello there! I have decided to create a filter that would end up looking like this. That video was made by capturing the footage and then editing each frame in photoshop.

I know how to manipulate the pixels. But I'm woefully lost in the language reshade is in. I have a crude understanding of C+, and I learn syntax quickly, but I don't know what bits that are mentioned in the reshade.fx that comes with the download (the .fx file that's supposed to make this easier) I need. for example, if I only want to do this one thing, do I need to put it in a technique? do I need to bother with textures if I'm effectively only doing color shifts on pixels?

Here is the pixel manipulation guide I'll be following. I'm afraid I can't sum it up any more than they already do, it's incredibly straightforward.

If all I want to do is take the raw image from the game, and then do this to every pixel, what do I need to do?
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by CarolKarine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Oil Filter Shader 1 year 4 months ago #2

photoshop oil effect is using different algorithm, the one u link is already ported here by JP.

I don't know exactly how PS does that, however, someone in enb forum successfully recreate the look.
just wait him to release his work.

Oil Filter Shader 1 year 4 months ago #3

the only I linked is already done? I like that one better than the photoshop one, could you link me to that shader?

EDIT: did some googling, found it. thanks!
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by CarolKarine.

Oil Filter Shader 1 year 4 months ago #4

• Ganossa
  • 최정장군
  • Thank you received: 838
Doesn't GIMP have open source shader?