Screenshot-Key does not work anymore

• Silver
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Silver Screenshot-Key does not work anymore was created by Silver
Hey guys,
i have got a problem with ReShade + Mastereffects. Ive got the newest Version of both of them and an shader preset. Some times ago i did not have any problems when taking screenshots with my "print"-button, the screenshot had been saved in the directory of the Game (GW2 in this case) and in the documents folder without the shaders. And now it just saves the screenshots in the documents folder without the shader, hahlp pls :c

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Screenshot-Key does not work anymore
That must be ReShade issue itself, MasterEffect doesn't change screenshot path (is that even possible?). Maybe Crosire can enlighten us.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silver

• sajittarius
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #3 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic Screenshot-Key does not work anymore
it's definitely possible, Crosire posted how, this should be the syntax unless changed recently:

#pragma reshade screenshot_location "C:/......./MyScreenshots" (sub in whatever folder you want it to be in the quotes)

You just need to make sure this line is in an .fx being used by reshade (most likely reshade.fx should work)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by sajittarius.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Screenshot-Key does not work anymore
Well, I'm not so up to date with those pragmas as I rarely update the dll I use so I still use 0.18 or something like that. As a result, MasterEffect does not use this pragma. Maybe the default location changed when Crosire implemented the change directory feature.

• Silver
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #5 by Silver Replied by Silver on topic Screenshot-Key does not work anymore
I added #pragma reshade screenshot_location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2" into my ReShade.fx file but it still does not work ;(
@Crosire help pls ._.

• Silver
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #6 by Silver Replied by Silver on topic Screenshot-Key does not work anymore
Sorry for Doublepost but problem solved, i took the folder from Program Files [x86] into C:\ and now it works... seems like the shader did not had any permissons to save the pictures into that directory ... weird :s

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Screenshot-Key does not work anymore
You don't have permission to write to the program files folder, unless you give them to you (folder properties => Security => Edit) or you run the application as administrator.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.