Godrays - Threshold not working

• Ederer
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by Ederer Godrays - Threshold not working was created by Ederer
The GodrayThreshold for the GemFX Godrays doesn't work. It always uses a low threshold (if any) which makes the image super bright with godrays everywhere - not usable for playing.
This can be best seen when turning of the DEPTH-CHECK off...

I remember a working verion, but i think this was before the framework when the godrays were included in Mastereffects...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Godrays - Threshold not working
What value range are you using?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ederer

• Ederer
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #3 by Ederer Replied by Ederer on topic Godrays - Threshold not working
you mean for the Threshold?
It doesn't have any effect. I can set it to 0.6 (minimum) and it looks the same as 1.0 (which shouldn't create any godrays at all).

Here are some screenshots ( i turned off the depth-check, all other settings are default! ).
The Threshold is 0.9 (default) and it looks horrible.... :unsure:

Original:

Godrays ON:

Mediator settings:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ederer.

• Ederer
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by Ederer Replied by Ederer on topic Godrays - Threshold not working
it seems to me now that the problem could be more the turned off depth check... when turned off even in older masterfx versions it doesn't work properly anymore...
Anyway, for online games depth cannot be used, so can you please look into this? :)

• Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Godrays - Threshold not working
Are you sure this is the God Ray effect? Looks more like one of the lens effects. You might want to tweak or turn off those.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ederer

• Ederer
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #6 by Ederer Replied by Ederer on topic Godrays - Threshold not working
I'm sure, it's a completely new default preset, and no other effects are enabled... -> easy to reproduce ;-)

On the Godrays i only changed the depth check to 0, as you can see in the last screenshot.

But i also noticed:
even though the "Bloom" effect is DISABLED in the Pipeline, it still has an effect when godrays are enabled. You can see this when you go to the Bloom-Settings and increase the "Amount".
Just mentioning, in case it helps...
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ederer.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Godrays - Threshold not working
The blur of the bloom shader is necessary for the God Rays (and other shader).

I identified the problem as in the following:

Open the Bloom.h file in /ReShade/GemFX folder.

Change the line
lens.xyz += sample2.rgb;

To
lens.xyz += sample2.xyz*sample2.w;

Enjoy god rays without depth buffer check ;)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PureEvilWindom

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.