Depth Buffer Black Screen GTAV HELP!!

• fellonblackdays
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by fellonblackdays Depth Buffer Black Screen GTAV HELP!! was created by fellonblackdays
so when i enable depth buffer all i get is black screen, is there a fix for this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth Buffer Black Screen GTAV HELP!!
In the "ReShade" folder there's a Common.cfg file, open this with notepad or any preferred text editor.

////

//
///**GLOBAL**///
//
////
//-Global Defines-//

//>Common Suite General Settings<\\
//-Commentary:Welcome to the ReShade Framework.\nThe Common Suite contains all globally used values. For more information visit reshade.me .

//>User<\\
#define RFX_Start_Enabled 1 //[0:1] //-Start with the effects enabled or disabled?
#define RFX_Screenshot_Format 1 //[1:2] //-Sets the screenshot format (1 = bmp, 2 = png) You can take screenshots by pressing PrintScreen
#define RFX_ShowToggleMessage 0 //[0:1] //-Display a toggle message when using toggle key.
#define RFX_ToggleKey VK_F10 //[undef] //-Set the global key that should toggle the effects On/Off. Go to ReShade/Common/KeyCodes.h for additional key codes.

//>Core<\\
#define RFX_InitialStorage 1 //[0:1] //-Set this to 0 if you !only! use the SweetFX suite and want some additional fps.
#define RFX_DepthBufferCalc 1 //[0:1] //-Set this to 0 if run an application that does not allow depth buffer access or you use no depth dependent effects and want some additional fps.

//>Statistics<\\
#define RFX_ShowFPS 0 //[0:1] //-Controls the display of the FPS counter.
#define RFX_ShowClock 0 //[0:1] //-Controls the display of the realtime clock.
#define RFX_ShowStatistics 0 //[0:1] //-Controls the display of the detailed developer statistics.

//>Depth Settings<\\
#define RFX_LogDepth 0 //[0:1] //-Needed to retrieve values from logarithmic depth buffer (e.g. in GTA V).
#define RFX_NegativeDepth 0 //[0:1] //-Needed for applications with reversed depth buffer.
#define RFX_PseudoDepth 0 //[0:1] //-To use or configure depth shader without acces to depth buffer.

Change the highlighted parameter ( RFX_LogDepth ) from 0 to 1 and that should fix the depth buffer.*
(*Generally not compatible with in-game MSAA or SSAA or any form of driver-forced AA.)

EDIT: Oh and if the config file in my example looks a bit different it's because I downloaded the newest part of the shaders from the Github repository.
reshade.me/news

(Just trying to keep everything up to date, it's nice to have the additional fixes and additions.)

EDIT: Oh and in BasicFX.cfg you can set USE_DisplayDepth to 1 and below that the hotkey for toggling this (F12 by default.) and then in-game pressing this key will show what the backbuffer looks like which if you get a completely black screen usually means ReShade couldn't grab the depthbuffer correctly.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by JBeckman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.