Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by aufkrawall Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3 was created by aufkrawall
At first, sorry for the bad title. I've reached the letter limit. :)

With SSAO enabled, objects very close to the camera get occluded:
[img

Is this by design or something that could be fixed? This hasn't occured in other applications yet. However, Witcher 3 is the only game for which I have enabled logarithmic depth buffer so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
Check the depth buffer. Could be that close objects are clipped and not part of it anymore.

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
I can't say if it actually looks like it:
[img
[img

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
It's probably really related to logarithmic depth buffer, as it's needed for Just Cause 3 where the same effect occurs:
[img

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
Indeed. The depth linearization code's near clipping plane apparently is too far away from the camera.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 4 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
Would you mind taking a screenshot with the depth visualization shader instead of the DoF shader. Just to make sure ;)

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3

Ganossa wrote: Would you mind taking a screenshot with the depth visualization shader instead of the DoF shader. Just to make sure ;)

I reported this such a long time ago. This occurred in GTA V with the updated log depth buffer. Literally on day one/two of the release of the re-done log depth detection I reported issues with objects close to the camera (Example: At the time it was bumpers of cars in third person view in GTA V)

Glad to see someone else noticed this and I wasn't going crazy.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 4 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
This issue was fixed already at that time Constantine. That is why I am asking to post a (DoF) shader independent screenshot with only the depth visualization result.

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #9 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
Do you mean, like this?
[img
[img

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
Preferably without any movement between those pictures and an additional picture with SSAO showing the artifacts (again, without any movement, so those pictures can be overlayed on each other).

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #11 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
It's a bit harder to reproduce in JC3, but gonna try.

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #12 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
[img

[img

[img

(first picture was too big as a png)

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
8bit color output for the depth visualization is a bit limited, but it looks like the depth linearization is correct. So this must be some bug in the SSAO code instead.

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #14 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
[strike]Yep. Just found out that it's related to AO_LUMINANCE_CONSIDERATION. The issue doesn't occur when it is set to 1. :)[/strike]

Edit: No, I was wrong. It seems with it enabled, the corruption just gets much more subtle.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by aufkrawall.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #15 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
Which version of ReShade are you using and where did you download it?

As I remember, there can occur such clipping if the AO fade or DoF auto focus algorithm snippets are not ported correctly.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Ganossa.

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #16 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Corruption depth buffer close to camera Witcher 3
It's 1.1 from the website. I also tried latest Github shaders, there's no difference in the result.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.