[SOLVED] Compiling Effect Failed - SW Battlefront 2015

• blackmagicthrone
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by blackmagicthrone Compiling Effect Failed - SW Battlefront 2015 was created by blackmagicthrone
Hey all,

Newbie here so apologies in advance.

Just setup sweetfx/reshade and launched Star wars Battlefront to the following error text on screen, this happens both when effects are selected in the settinghs manager and when they are all turned off:

ReShade 1.1.0.963 by crosier

Compiling effect...Failed!

C:\Program Files (x86 \ Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\Sweet.fx(236, 35) : error X3004: undeclared identifier 'ReShade_Start_Enabled'
C:\Program Files (x86 \ Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\Sweet.fx(236, 56) : syntax error:unexpected ';' , expected '{'

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compiling Effect Failed - SW Battlefront 2015
Which settings manager? Neither the ReShade injector, nor SweetFX 2.0 have such a thing.

• blackmagicthrone
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by blackmagicthrone Replied by blackmagicthrone on topic Compiling Effect Failed - SW Battlefront 2015
I'm unsure, it was called setting manager? Maybe from another developer?

I just redownloaded the ReShader package from the website but now I can't seem to figure out how to apply my settings.

The error message is gone but how do I make and apply settings?

Sorry for the confusion.

• blackmagicthrone
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by blackmagicthrone Replied by blackmagicthrone on topic Compiling Effect Failed - SW Battlefront 2015
Correction - it was called SweetFX_Settings

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compiling Effect Failed - SW Battlefront 2015
That tool apparently messes up the shader files unfortunately. To change settings, open SweetFX\SweetFX_settings.txt in a text editor and modify the values (see the comments for info on what they do and what values to set them to).

• blackmagicthrone
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #6 by blackmagicthrone Replied by blackmagicthrone on topic Compiling Effect Failed - SW Battlefront 2015
Thanks for the info!

Just one last question:

I have tried to use the Mediator but it has proven very complicated to use and I have not been able to progress past the first stage. Is there a detailed user guide available? Something that explains the process step by step?

Thanks again.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.