Need advanced tone-mapping

• ItsNotHectic
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by ItsNotHectic Need advanced tone-mapping was created by ItsNotHectic
I dunno if this is possible but a game I use, FFXIV has an annoying thing where it changes the tone of shadows along with the scene.

So I want to defog all blacks below x amount without affecting the gamma or brightness. The problem is that this needs to happen whether it has too much red, green or blue, not a specific combination.

For some reason bleach says it does this however I find it instead bleaches whites and not blacks.

I found some images of the game that show my problem:
imgur.com/a/6CKwi
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by ItsNotHectic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Need advanced tone-mapping
You could probably need some kind of low desaturate that puts all dark colors to complete gray. Could be done with a LUT though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ItsNotHectic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.