[SOLVED] DoF InfiniteFocus & Curves Problems

• Elimina
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by Elimina [2.0.1] DoF InfiniteFocus & Curves Problems was created by Elimina
It seems like there are a few problems with DoF after the 2.0 update. One is broken completely but the second is easily fixable by switching some values. (I am using AdvancedDoF on a log depth game)

InfiniteFocus: This setting seems to be broken and does not effect the distance that the DoF cuts off. I am trying to use this setting in a log depth game and I have had no success with getting the DoF to end near the camera. (ReShade 1.1 worked fine)

FarBlurCurve & NearBlurCruve: These 2 settings seemed to have switched places and near curve now effects the far curve and vice versa. To fix this as the user I just switched the values and it seems to work just fine.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Elimina.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elimina
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic [2.0.1] DoF InfiniteFocus & Curves Problems
Bump. I am only bumping this thread because I know many people use the infinite focus feature and it makes DoF unplayable when implementing it into a preset

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [2.0.1] DoF InfiniteFocus & Curves Problems
You probably just forgot to enable "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED", which games like GTA V need in addition to "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elimina

• Elimina
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic [2.0.1] DoF InfiniteFocus & Curves Problems

crosire wrote: You probably just forgot to enable "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED", which games like GTA V need in addition to "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC".

Why did the depth buffer work fine in 1.1? It should be the same (I can't test reversed right now, since I'm on vacation)

• OtisInf
More
8 years 1 month ago #5 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic [2.0.1] DoF InfiniteFocus & Curves Problems

Elimina wrote:

crosire wrote: You probably just forgot to enable "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED", which games like GTA V need in addition to "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC".

Why did the depth buffer work fine in 1.1? It should be the same (I can't test reversed right now, since I'm on vacation)

See: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/issues/23
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elimina

• JBeckman
More
8 years 1 month ago #6 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic [2.0.1] DoF InfiniteFocus & Curves Problems

OtisInf wrote:

Elimina wrote:

See: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/issues/23

Ah so that's how it is, this helped fix The Division and Far Cry Primal, however I have tested them with these options before but then I toggled them while the game was running, for this to work correctly it seems the game must be started with the proper depth detection settings already configured or it'll just display a pure black or pure white depth image if you attempt to change it at runtime. :)
(Set reverse to 1 and set logarithmic to 1 - good to know for other games in the future too and I assume this also goes for the other ones IE Dying Light, Witcher 3, GTA V, Just Cause 3 etc.)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.