Can I adjust focus time (fade time) in DOF?

• Maegirom
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #1 by Maegirom Can I adjust focus time (fade time) in DOF? was created by Maegirom
Greets, I'm a Reshade new user. I've already managed to get some DOF and Lumasharpen effects quite acceptable for me, but I have found that transition time or fade time from blurred to not blurred is instant. I can reproduce this if I'm looking a tree trunk from close, and then turn my view a bit outside and inside the trunk. There is no fade time and it looks a little weird. SO, is there any way to add fade time to the DOF?

I take this topic to ask another question about DOF: Is there anyway that DOF doesn't affect to the HUD?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elimina
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #2 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Can I adjust focus time (fade time) in DOF?

Maegirom wrote: Greets, I'm a Reshade new user. I've already managed to get some DOF and Lumasharpen effects quite acceptable for me, but I have found that transition time or fade time from blurred to not blurred is instant. I can reproduce this if I'm looking a tree trunk from close, and then turn my view a bit outside and inside the trunk. There is no fade time and it looks a little weird. SO, is there any way to add fade time to the DOF?

I take this topic to ask another question about DOF: Is there anyway that DOF doesn't affect to the HUD?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Right now the only way to adjust DoF fade is to edit the focus radius. You can also make the transition smoother by increasing the amount of focus samples. (I think the highest you can go is 200)

About the HUD. You can create a HUD mask to stop ReShade from effecting areas on the screen. (Located in the Ganossa.cfg) there is also a HUD mask helper that generates a HUD mask from static elements on the screen. You can also create you own by taking a picture of you screen and outlining the HUD elements.
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Elimina.

• Maegirom
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #3 by Maegirom Replied by Maegirom on topic Can I adjust focus time (fade time) in DOF?
Thx for quick reply. Yes, focus radius makes this transition smoother, but only when you are aproaching in straight line to a obstacle (e.g. a tree). If you are already close to that tree and turn your view in and out of the trunk, the effect is instantaneous. I've raised the focus samples (max is 10) but I haven't seen any effect about this.

About the Ganossa UI mask, I've tried to activate it but I'm receiving an error "value must be a literal expression" or something like that when launching the game (Fallout 4 btw). I think, as I've read here in the forum is a bug already reported :-/

Thanks for your time.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.