Reshade 2.0.3f1 Performance (Assetto Corsa 1.5)

• Moiker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 hours ago #1 by Moiker Reshade 2.0.3f1 Performance (Assetto Corsa 1.5) was created by Moiker
Hello, :)
First of all thanks for the the update in Reshade Injector 2.0, it's Great !
I really appreciate your dedication and work on this.
Recently I started to tweak Reshade 2.0.3 with Assetto Corsa v1.5 and the game became to looks amazing, BUT i'm having significant FPS losses right now (about 40% in average), this is normal ?

a) Effects enabled:
[LUMASHARPEN]+[VIBRANCE] by Ceejay
[AMBIENT LIGHT]+[BLOOM]+[LENS DIRT] by Ganossa

b) Reshade Performance
Reshade disable: Average FPS : 90
Reshade enable: Average FSP : 50

#runing on DX11 (dxgi)
## Win 10 64 bits

I don't know how to configure the depth buffer to this game, neither if this game is now optimized to Reshade, please can you guys help me on this ?
Thanks again !
The following user(s) said Thank You: DMX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ShoterXX
More
8 years 7 hours ago #2 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Reshade 2.0.3f1 Performance (Assetto Corsa 1.5)
You're probably running short of VRAM. What are your PC specs?

• Moiker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 hours ago - 8 years 7 hours ago #3 by Moiker Replied by Moiker on topic Reshade 2.0.3f1 Performance (Assetto Corsa 1.5)

ShoterXX wrote: You're probably running short of VRAM. What are your PC specs?

My specs are:
Graphics Card : AMD Radeon R9 390 (8Gb)
Processor: i7 2600k 3.4GHz
Ram: 8GB

# Assetto Corsa: running on 2560x1440 on high quality
Last edit: 8 years 7 hours ago by Moiker.

• ShoterXX
More
8 years 7 hours ago #4 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Reshade 2.0.3f1 Performance (Assetto Corsa 1.5)
Hmm, probably not VRAM then. Try turning Ambient Light off, and see if it gets better (by a large margin).

• Moiker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 hours ago - 8 years 6 hours ago #5 by Moiker Replied by Moiker on topic Reshade 2.0.3f1 Performance (Assetto Corsa 1.5)

ShoterXX wrote: Hmm, probably not VRAM then. Try turning Ambient Light off, and see if it gets better (by a large margin).

Yes, without Ambient Light have a better performance, up to 65 frames, but anyway still a significant drop.
do you know if this performances impact can be caused by the game optimization too or is just related to my hardware ?
Is there some alternatives in Reshade configurations to get a better performance ?

Thanks man
Last edit: 8 years 6 hours ago by Moiker.

• ShoterXX
More
8 years 6 hours ago #6 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Reshade 2.0.3f1 Performance (Assetto Corsa 1.5)
AFAIK, your PC specs should be fine(?). I have no experience with either AMD or Assetto Corsa, neither am I that tech-savy, so I can't say what the fault is either. I tried the Ambient Light because it's usually what hits my FPS most, but to be honest, it wasn't as bad as expected.

I poked around, and at that resolution, it seems the game requires around ~2.5 GB of VRAM @ Ultra 4xMSAA, so VRAM-wise, you should be safe.

However, always expect a large FPS percentage drop whatever your settings may be, even though it seems a bit too much in this case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moiker

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.