Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4

Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4 2 years 1 week ago #1

I wasn't able to find a .log file so I hope it's ok t hat i'm posting without it. I searched the forums and seen that someone was having the same problem with the latest ac installment , I gathered that reshade disabled the ability to access the depth map as the application had internet access. If that is the case, is there any way around this, I don't intend to use reshade for malicious reasons so it's my understanding that if the .exe is blocked reshade should allow depth access? I did try it however and it didn't work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4 2 years 1 week ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1452
ReShade only blocks access if the game actually has multiplayer activity going on, a network connection alone doesn't change things (you can use the depthbuffer in games like Battlefield as long as playing the singleplayer, it's switched off as soon as joining an online server).
The depthbuffer access is not said to work everywhere, it's a bit buggy currently (quite a lot going on in the background). Although I think somebody reported in to work for COD4, but that was for 0.13.0, may have broken it since then.
Cheers, crosire =)

Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4 2 years 1 week ago #3

Ok, Thank you!

Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4 1 year 7 months ago #4

• jmp909
  • Thank you received: 48
I just get the gun mask for single player depth buffer :(

Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4 1 year 7 months ago #5

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1452
Happens in a few FPS unfortunately. The games often clear the depthbuffer before rendering the first person gun, making all the environment depth information unavailable.
Cheers, crosire =)

Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4 1 year 7 months ago #6

CoD4 has commands you can use to render the depth buffer. I can't remember if it's just one or if it's a couple together but i know that you can. Looking at that screenshot you sent, CoD4 is having the same problem as BO2 for me: It actually renders farther than only the gun, but only about 25 units or so. A depth buffer that far is only really useful for use in editing (but still not very useful).

Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4 1 year 7 months ago #7

• Kleio420
  • Thank you received: 28
crosire wrote:
Happens in a few FPS unfortunately. The games often clear the depthbuffer before rendering the first person gun, making all the environment depth information unavailable.
ik there probably is no easy fix for this but i mentioned some games dont get detected as being online would this be occuring due to the detection thinking its an application like steam needing server info to be logged in vs it checking to see if a server is pinging constantly.Im just guessing at this i never cared to find the info on it just wondering maybe the detection could possibly bug out on some games just food for thought i have no idea if thats possible

Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4 1 year 6 months ago #8

Any chance there still is the 0.13.0 version available for download anywhere?
I would like to try if the depth buffer works for editing purposes.

Pitch black when using depth buffer, COD 4 1 year 6 months ago #9

The following user(s) said Thank You: FilthyNotes